Chapter 5

Kyrstal

Ugh! Monday! Everyone's favorite day of the week.

I woke up to a yummy smell coming from downstairs, mom and dad are home. At least it's a great thing to start my week. I took a bath and did my light make up. I wore a simple skinny jeans and a spaghetti strap crop top paired with a sneakers. I grabbed my purse and went downstairs to see both of my parents having breakfast. I approached them and gave them a kiss on their cheek.

"Good morning love. Have a seat and eat before going to school." my mom greeted

"Good morning doll." it's dad this time looking up from the newspaper that he was reading, smiling up at me

"How was the business trip?" I asked while fixing me a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs.

"Good. Actually, better since we closed a few deals." Dad beamed, he really loves what he does and it makes me happy.

"Congratulation's dad, you deserve that. I mean you worked hard for it. I have to get going now though, I don't wanna be late." I stood up smiling at them.

I parked my car and saw Blair standing beside hers, she jumped to me when see caught a glimpse of me.

"Blair." I simply said

"Okay okay grumpy. I was just so worried about you last Saturday night. I was looking for you and you did not even text me or call me." She said with a worried look.

"It's fine I got home safe anyway." I reassured her.

"How did you get home?" she asked puzzled.

"You won't believe who drove me home." I said and this got her all excited and curious all at the same time.

"OMG! Jacques??"

And before I could answer her, that familiar scent of sunshine and flowers grabbed my attention. It's Miss Ruiz standing by the classroom door. She's looking at me intently, but I can't still read her. I wanna know what's going on inside her head, but it's difficult.

"I'll tell you later." Blair groaned in frustration. And we made it to the door.

"Good morning ma'am." Blair greeted the woman standing there

"Good morning Miss Santiago." bati naman nito pabalik. I can't figure out why she makes me nervous all the time.

"Good morning po." I greeted her, and I swear she smiled a bit! I hope I am not hallucinating, because she's even more beautiful when smiling. I walked over to my seat to find Jacques and Blair already settled on their seat.

"Good morning Vonne." Jacques greeted me with a smile on his face. I greeted him back and sent him a smile as well.

The class went on as usual. But I noticed Miss Ruiz glancing my way every now and then, it makes me feel very nervous. She is a woman with power, that's what she is. Her authoritative presence will make anyone scared to do her wrong.

Finally, the bell rang and we all stood up to go to our next classes, I am walking along side Jacques, and I felt a sudden shock which seems like electric voltage. And this was because this goddess of a professor brushed her hand against mine accidentally. Or is it? Because she's already looking at me when I turned to her, I saw a smirk playing on her lips. If this is what you would like to happen, then I'll give it to you. I smirked back with that thought in mind.

"Wow that was over the top boring." Blair said while yawning, we are heading to the cafeteria. I have to agree though, Advanced English was boring. All three of us sat on our usual spot.