Chapter 1

Kyrstal

I flopped down on the couch turning on the television only to focus on my phone, scrolling through different social media apps. I am currently in my room; it's Sunday morning and I start school tomorrow.

I just arrived here in the Philippines last week from New York, since my dad and mom insist for me to continue my last year of University here, reason being? I don't have an idea, probably because they need to train me how to handle the family business.

I'm 5'5, with a not so thin and not so thick body figure, light brown hair that compliments my eye color; honey. I can say that I am a head turner, though there are only few brave souls that are bold enough to ask me out. They say I look high maintenance, but I'm not

"Krystal Vonne Reilly! Come down honey, breakfast's ready." my mom shouted from downstairs causing me to chuckle. Si mom lang talaga ang hinahayaan kong tumawag sa buong pangalan ko, I find it weird to hear my full name coming out of somebody else's mouth.

"Good morning mom and dad" bati ko sakanila as I planted a kiss on their cheek.

"Hi sweetcake, how was your sleep?" tanong ni dad, he probably knows that I'm still trying to adjust my body clock because of the time difference.

"I slept fine dad, still trying to adjust. But I'm fine naman po." Sagot ko.

After breakfast, I proceeded to procrastinate for the entire day. I don't have a lot of friends here because I grew up in US and only travelling to visit Pinas every now then, because both my mom and dad tend to jump from country to country due to business related reasons, so hindi rin sila matagal mamalagi sa Pilipinas.

I have a long-time best friend here, her name's Amanda Blair Santiago. I guess you can say that I have a small circle of friends. Kase I hang out din naman minsan with Blair's group but not much.

It's 10 pm now and I my eyes started to feel heavy until sleep took over me. 

I woke up at the sound of my alarm.

"Ugh! Shut up, please" I groaned as I lazily sat up to turn off this stupid alarm clock.

I went to the bathroom to wash up and do my make up. I don't put much though cause my face feel heavy with a full-on face make up.

I wore a simple above the knee sunflower dress with my Christian Louboutin Light Pink Sandals. I grabbed my purse and went downstairs.

"Good morning, I'm gonna head out now" I greeted them and as I was about to leave my mom spoke.

"Oh you're not going to eat muna?"

"I'll grab something to eat on my way mom, love you" kissing them both on the cheek.

I jumped in my car and turning the engine on, and went to a coffee shop to get me some caffeine cause I'm not yet functioning properly without coffee.

I parked my car, I got out and took a quick glance at the school grounds. Releasing a breath, a new start.

I went inside a prestigious building holding my time table that I printed out last night from our portal. I scanned the paper.

Developmental Psychology – 7:00am-8:00am

Advance English – 8:00am-9:00am

Lunch

Clinical Psychology – 10:00am-11:00am

I am so glad I only have 3 subjects. I was about to head to my first subject, though I still have 15 minutes before my subject starts. People have been staring at me and it makes me uncomfortable.