Ch.21-4 Privet Drive

"Lily she's just going to blame us, I don't know why you even want to see her" Ivy whined as Lily dragged her sister up 4 Privet Drive to visit their sister who was now living with her fiancé Vernon

"Ivy, we're just here to drop off the presents m-mum and dad had already purchased. Plus I don't think even Petunia could bring herself to hate us right now. We lost our parents Ivy, we didn't rip one of her dresses"

Ivy knew her twin was right, but it just seemed all to soon. Their parents had only passed away 8 days ago and here they were on Christmas Eve, handing out presents like it's nothing. Ivy had already told Lily if her and Petunia wanted a funeral they could have it, but she wouldn't be able to bring herself to go.

3 soft knocks on the door and it was soon opened by a bigger looking young man who for some reason resembled a walrus. Ivy had to stifle a laugh at what appeared to be her sisters "beloved". "You must be Vernon, is Petunia here?"

Ivy let Lily take care of the questions and rude interrogation Vernon gave the two before allowing them entry. She wondered if Tunie had told her fiancé about them being witches or not.

"Vernon who was at the door?" The sickly high pitched voice of their older sister Petunia made it sway from where Ivy could only assume was the kitchen. Petunia always was house wife material.

""Your sisters" Vernon said with rather distaste as he went and made himself comfortable in a lounger before picking up the paper on the arm of it. "My sisters that's impossible they're all the way in-" Petunia stopped herself the moment she saw the twins standing indigent of her as she made her way to the foyer.

"We just came to drop off a few things mum and dad had purchased for you. Well before, before they passed" Lily said sheepishly, handing her the box of presents.

Petunia grabbed the box with no hesitation, eyes tearing up as she looked at the contents inside. "Has Ivy spoken to anyone yet?" She asked Lily through a whisper. Ivy just rolled her eyes as her sisters pretended to treat her like she was made of glass.

"She has a boyfriend back at school, she's spend most of her time with him now" Lily explained as Ivy just watched as her sisters continued to talk about her and her habits as if she weren't there.

"Lily we have to get back to train station soon" Ivy said bored. Maybe it was nice coming home and seeing their sister, but Ivy wanted nothing more than to see Sirius again. "You're right, I nearly forgot" The twins began walking to the door and were quite surprised to see Petunia follow with them to outside.

"I just wanted to say thank you. For what mum and dad left me I mean. I wouldn't have even dared step into the house" In a moment of impulse Ivy stepped forward and decided for the first time in years, to embrace her oldest sibling. "Merry Christmas Petunia"

"Merry Christmas Ivy"
Maybe it would've been better if no words were said. Maybe it wouldn't have given Lily hope at them having a normal sibling relationship, but just maybe that simple act that took place that day was just what the Evans girls needed to remind each other of what family meant.

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

Ever since the death of their parents were announced the Potter's had been kind enough to offer up their house for the girls to live in. They had spent their entire Christmas Break so far at the Potter manor. Euphemia was kind enough to let Ivy stay in Sirius's bedroom while Lily shared with Ophelia.

It was now New Years Eve and Ivy knew Peter and Remus would be arriving shortly. James chose not to throw a party this year and suggested they just spend it as friends.

Lily was coping by being around people but Ivy seemed to have only gotten worse as the days went on. After 5 days in the Potter Manor, she only spoke to Sirius. He often would bring her food and water, would braid her hair before she slept, and would talk to her when she needed. Lily was hurt at first when Ivy refused to speak, but she knew she was being protected and that's what mattered most.

Within the past days the group of friends really took notice to how deeply Sirius and Ivy cared for one another. It was shown that Sirius was undoubtedly in love with Ivy Evans.

Sirius had been up in the room earlier in the day trying to convince Ivy to come down for lunch but all she wanted to do was sleep. It wasn't until she heard the door creak open that she began to get up. "Sirius I already told you-"

Ivy stopped when she realized it was actually Euphemia Potter who had walked into the room. "Oh Euphemia I'm sorry. I've been a terrible house guest. I just" Ivy cracked tears began pouring down her face as Euphemia Potter walked over to the edge of the bed and pulled the poor girl into a soft embrace.

"Ivy I know you may not be ready to talk. Losing a parent much less two is one of the hardest things a child will ever go through. You have a family here when you're ready, okay?"

Ivy didn't understand why, but just like a year ago Euphemia Potter had that calming affect about her. Ivy trusted Euphemia Potter and that's why when Sirius went upstairs to check on his girlfriend he found her letting out all of her emotions to the woman he considered his mum.

Not wanting to disturb the breakthrough Ivy was finally having Sirius crept back downstairs to where everyone else was in the living room. "How's Ivy?" James was the first to ask watching his best friend reappear.

Smiling Sirius sat back down on the couch next the his friends. "She talking to your mum, that's a start"

It was a start. Not only did Euphemia listen to every one of Ivy's words but she saw her emotions she watched the sadness, the anger, the despair disappear. She watched as the same fiery girl that fell through her fireplace a year ago came stumbling back.

After what had seems like days of talking but had only been an hour or two Ivy finally felt for the first time in a bit felt like herself again and for the first time since Nellie and Anthony Evans death, Ivy's Baird returned back to its natural red hue.

"Euphemia, thank you"

"For what?"

"Just thank you"

Ivy and Euphemism shared a smile before Ivy Evans finally ventured downstairs to join her friends. Here's to 1977!