Ch.10-new home

"It was worse this time, they were already fed up with us before we got home

"It was worse this time, they were already fed up with us before we got home. Then he left, 3 days in of being tortured with Crucio and other means of psychical abuse and he left without me. He didn't even tell me he was leaving. They were mad, so then they took it out on me, Sirius was gone so they took out all that anger in me" Ophelia finished explaining through her tears.

Lily had assisted Ivy in bringing their friend upstairs after she passed out, Nellie Evans went as far to assure Ophelia she can't stay here as long as she wants.

Ophelia had been starved, dehydrated, and tortured since her leaving Hogwarts. There wasn't any amount of remorse Walburga or Orion Black had towards their daughter, they looked at her and saw their delinquent son, and being his twin she was the next best thing to use.

"Regulas he tried to help you know, he cares, he loves Sirius and I. I couldn't let him get caught though, he doesn't deserve to get punished. I guess Sirius asked him to go with him, I did as well when I left last night, but he doesn't want to leave." Ophelia continued to cry into Lily's shoulder, her wet hair from the shower she took that morning dripping onto the carpet.

"Lia do you know where Ivy went?" Neither of the girls and noticed up until this moment Ivy had snuck away.

Heartbroken at the sight of her best friend, the images of her so helpless and broken on their front stoop replayed over and over in her mind.  Sure they had given Lia a spare bed, some clothes, gotten her a decent meal and a shower. But the Evans family didn't have potions or healing creams to use on her cuts and bruises, she'd have the scars for life now.

Frustrated that she couldn't do anything to help her, she felt useless. She hasn't even thought about checking up on her despite her worries the past few days without a letter. She was always being protected but without Sirius there no one was protecting Lia.

And enraged, enraged that Sirius could even think about leaving Ophelia behind, that he would ask his brother he couldn't care less about to come with him and not his twin. Almost as if he resented her enough from ignoring him that he just left her behind, while he was probably having a blast over at the Potters house. How could someone so scared and so caring leave his other half behind, Ivy was disgusted by the boys actions.

Without a second thought she had used the floo network they had set up in their living room last summer, to go to the Potter Manor.

"Hello dear are you alright?" A older looking lady with a kind smile asked as she helped Ivy up after falling face first onto the ground of the Potters' living room.

"Oh yes I am. Oh I'm really sorry for this intrusion, I don't know how I'd feel about some strange girl popping in through my fireplace, I was just so angry and I needed to come here and and um hi" Ivy felt ashamed that she had burdened Mrs. Potter, watching the ends of her braids that she had yet to take out turn bright pink.

Though Mrs. Potters smile didn't falter, worry present in her eyes, but none the less kindness. "Oh don't be silly Ivy, you're welcome here whenever"

"Wait you know who I am?!" Ivy was struck she had never been to James house before, and although closer with James than Peter, they never really talked about home life together.

"Of course, I assumed from the red hair you were one of the twins the boys talk about. Your freckles gave it away though, Sirius always says how your freckles looks like a cluster of stars, well your freckles and the fact that your hair changed colour. The boys told me you're a metamorphmagus" If her mouth wasn't hanging open before from surprise it definitely was now, the boys, well Sirius talked about her... to James mum?

"Oh, um anyway I'm really sorry about that again Mrs. Potter, but do you know where Sirius is? I really to have a word with him" Ivy's hair turned a violent shade of red as the memories of what he did to Ophelia resurfaced.

"Oh the boys went out with my husband Fleamont, would you like to have tea with me while you wait? I do prefer white over herbal though, I hope you don't mind." Nodding in agreement, Mrs. Potter began to lead Ivy into the dining room while she procure the tea. There was something about the aura James mum gave off, that caused Ivy to relax.

"Mrs. Potter, do you? Um have you? Have you ever met Sirius's twin sister?"  Ivy was somewhat nervous to ask but also needed to get her emotions off her chest before.

"Firstly call me Euphemia or Mia hun, Mrs. Potter makes me feel like Fleamont's mum and what a ghastly woman that is. Secondly, I have met Ophelia, does she have something to do with why you're upset?" Euphemia questioned, Ivy wasn't sure what it was but she trusted this woman, despite meeting her face first on her living room floor a mere hour ago. Within 2 hours they had finished off their tea and Ivy had explained everything to Euphemia.

From how her and Sirius got together, and Remus and Lia's secret relationship all the way to Christmas Day when's he received a present from Sirius thinking everything was well only for Lia to show up tortured on her door step.

"I understand how frustrated you are Ivy believe me, I've taken in both the Black twins as my children, Phelia being like the daughter I never had. Sirius thinks with his emotions and not with actually intellect, if he's in a fit of rage and a fight with his sister he wasn't going to even look her direction, but that doesn't make up for how he left her when he knew what'd they do. Trust me when I say I'm on your side of this argument Ivy, that boy needs to learn and if he wants to keep you and Ophelia in his life he better be getting an apology in order." Euphemia had reached across the table to place her hand on top of Ivy's while she was talking, her calm aura taking affect on Ivy's furious state causing her hair to go a shade of baby blue, trust.

Just when the Ivy and Euphemia had finished there conversation the boys came pouring into the kitchen along with Fleamont Potter. A look of surprise written across both their faces, but when both the females turned towards the boys wearing matching "too calm, to actually be calm" faces Fleamont knew his sons fucked up.

"Psst, Dumbarses. Run while you still have a chance. There's two looks you never want to see on a woman, this and when they want chocolate on their period" Fleamont shivered, obviously recalling a certain moment as he said the last bit, before dashing away to his study.

"Wow, Ivy what a surprise. Hi mumma, you look beautiful" James tried to suck up, hoping whatever it was wasn't his fault.

"Prongs come sit, your not in trouble. But come join us over here will you?" Ivy said almost sickly sweet. James wanted no time in sitting down though, hey if someone was getting in trouble he wanted to be in the winning arguments side.

"Ives you look good, I didn't think I'd see you until the train. Did I tell you how pretty you look?" Sirius tried complimentary, which failed and when he tried to kiss her cheek it was quickly denied.

Grabbing Ivy's hands, and forcing her to look at him, Sirius was scared he fucked this up. They weren't even official yet and he had already fucked this up. Yet he couldn't think of anything as to why she would be upset, did he write the wrong name on her Christmas card? "Ivy what did I do, because I'm not sure what I've done to upset you?"

"You left her Sirius, you fucking left Lia"