Preview| My Happily Ever After

Part 1|

"Stella, finish dressing Winston and meet me out back."

I nodded at Corbett and turned back to our son. Today Corbett's older brother and our real soon to be Alpha was coming back to the pack. He was sent away five years ago to learn how to be a true leader. I never met him in person, but I'm told that the resemblance between the two brothers is uncanny. I took one more quick look in the mirror at my white dress before picking up Winston to meet with Corbett outside.

Truth be told, Corbett always felt like he was treated inferior to his elder brother. When his brother turned eighteen and was sent away people turned to him for guidance. Only Corbett didn't know much at the time being sixteen, he was dealing with his own troubles. But, then we were introduced and everything seemed to get better.

When my father first told me I was going to meet the Alpha's son I was nervous. I had never met the Alpha or his sons before and I didn't know what to expect. Even though my father was of a high rank my mother did her best to keep me away from the things it entailed. One of those things being the mother of Winston.

Of course we started off has friends. I didn't want him thinking I was there for some sort of replacement, though I was. We both grew together and eventually agreed to have Winston. It was what both our fathers wanted and we wanted it too. He made our lives brighter.

"How is everything?", I asked making my way to Corbett's side.

"Fine.",he kissed Winston's head,"Everything will be perfect."

Perfect, was what Corbett always strived for. It was what his father expected of him, of us. With his brother gone the pack looked to us for hope of the future. That means that whatever mold Corbett and I's fathers came up with we had to fit. It was tiring, but it was the only way we knew.

"You don't need to worry,Cory. When your brother arrives there won't be has much pressure on us and we can live normally."

He pecked me on the lips,"You're right."

"Ah, I see my grandson is doing well.",Corbett's father laughed.

I looked at Corbett who nodded,"Yes, Alpha. He's been exceedingly helpful today."

Alpha raised his brow,"Is that so?"

"Yes, would you like to see his painting of you."

"It shouldn't take long,father. I'll stay here and make sure things run smoothly."

He smiled,"It wouldn't hurt to see my grandson's art work ."

I smiled and nodded my head in the direction of the house. Corbett and I exchanged a look of meaning and continued on in what we were doing. It was my job now to keep his father occupied while he finished things off. It wasn't a hard job,but it could go wrong at any point. Winston's abstract painting wouldn't keep his attention for long.

"Winston,baby, go get your painting from earlier so we can show Alpha."

"You're going to let him do it on his own?"

I straightened my back,"He is four years old. I see no problem with him learning how to do things on his own."

He nodded,"I'm impressed, most moms have a hard time letting go."

"My son is not theirs. My son is of Alpha blood and he will not be smothered. My son is strong."

Now the Alpha was full on smiling,"You've done well with him."

"Here Alpha.",Winston ran up into Alpha's arms.

"That's me?"

I laughed,"He is only four. His art requires a bit of imagination."