Chapter 41

As soon as he had run back and forth to heal up his Pokémon, he stepped into the next - hopefully last - elevator, bringing him up even more.

The elevator doors opened and he found himself out in the open. He could see the sea op until the horizon as well as the tops of the isle's mountains.
Behind him was a giant, light-grey dome which gave off a intimidating aura due to its bottom being lit up by the magma beneath it.
Michael saw a bridge leadkng to its entrance, so he walked up to it. Only one meter away from it, his body tensed up as he heard an elevator come up.
A strange looking man stepped out. He had the same white cloak, necklace and purple lipstick as the one he fought in Phenac Stadium.
"Mufwofwo! So, we meet again." He said.
"Snattle..."
"My plan was perfect. The only problems were the utterly useless Lovrina and Gorigan, and..." Snattle glared. "You. You spoiled the brilliant plan I had devised for Phenac City. And thanks to that terrible, hard-nosed woman, I suffered the humiliation of having my worst moment broadcast all over Orre... To gain Master Greevil's forgiveness, and for me to assume my rightful position as the governor of Orre, I must defeat you."
Michael prepared himself for a battle.
"This time, I won't be shy about revealing to you the full extent of my power. I choose Metang and Quagsire."
"I choose Breloom and Houndoom. Use Flamethrower and Mega Drain."
Metang and Quagsire fainted. They got replaced by Scizor and Shadow Solrock.
"Houndoom, use another Flamethrower. Breloom, use Stun Spore."
Snattle started sweating a little as his third Pokémon wasn't able to continue the battle. His fifth Pokémon was his Castform. "Solrock, use Shadow Sky."
"Breloom, use Mach Punch. Houndoom, use Sunny Day to get rid of their area move."
Solrock couldn't move.
Castform changed forms.
"Castform, use Weather Ball."
"Use another Mach Punch, followed by Flamethrower."
"Weather Ball!"
It landed on Breloom, beating it in one hit.
"Come back. Jolteon, I choose you!"
"Solrock, use Shadow Sky."
Castform changed back to its original form.
"Jolteon, take down his Castform. Houndoom, attack Solrock."
"Come back. Go, Starmie!"
The Aura Reader told Michael both his opponent's Pokémon had the black aura.
Solrock was weakened enough to get snagged. Starmie got paralyzed by a Thunder Wave attack.
Snattle started to sweat more.
"Starmie, use Shadow Mist!"
"Jolteon, use Quick Attack. Houndoom, use Sunny Day."
"Use Shadow Break!"
"Oh, no! Houndoom, come back. Go, Sealeo! Start weakening his last Pokémon!"
"Don't let them win! Use Shadow Break!"
After two more turns, Starmie was captured as well.
Snattle took a step backward after each sentence he said. "Urrgggh! My plan! My perfect plan! Master Greevil, Forgive me!" Snattle ran and took the elevator back down to escape from the island.

At the end of the bridge, in front of the dome's doors, one of Greevil's assistants was awaiting Michael's arrival.
"It's been a while, boy. Do you remember me?"
Michael kept his mouth shut.
"Do you recall this? I helped you in Gateon Port. ...There's no need for thanks. I was merely punishing a fool that used a Shadow Pokémon in public."
"I wasn't planning on saying thank you."
Ardos smiled. "At that time, we didn't want the world to know what we, Cipher, were planning. Back then, I thought you were just an ordinary child..." He now started to look Michael straight in the eyes. "Little did I suspect that you would become Cipher's biggest and most damaging threat. That's enough talk. You have the skills and wherewithal to reach Citadark Isle. Let me see you abilities in full glory!"
Michael stepped back, preparing for the fight on this narrow bridge.
"Swellow. Alakazam."
"Houndoom, Jolteon, I choose you!"
The Aura Reader told him the Swellow was a Shadow Pokémon.
"Swellow, Shadow Break!"
"Hold on!"
Houndoom barely survived.
"Jolteon, Thunder Wave his Swellow!"
"Alakazam, take down his Houndoom."
The Pokémon's Thunder Punch landed and took down the first of Michael's Pokémon.
'Shall I take the risk?' Michael thought. Then, sent out his Crobat.
"Try to take down his Alakazam!"
A Bite Attack landed. As did a Shadow Ball. Alakazam fainted.
"Fwew..."
"Kingdra. Swellow, Shadow Break."
"Jolteon, no! Go, Lairon! Crobat, confuse his Kingdra."
"Hydro Pump."
"Duck! Then, use Take Down on his Swellow!"
"Shadow Sky."
Michael tried to catch Swellow. Success.
Ardos clicked his tongue. "Heracross."
"Crobat, use Wing Attack on it!" (Heracross fainted)
"Electabuzz."
"Another Shadow Pokémon..."
"Hydro Pump." Ardos commanded with agitation in his voice.
A critical hit took out Lairon.
"Sealeo, your turn! Crobat, Confuse Ray!"
"Shadow Break."
Michael started to panic a little as his Sealeo fainted.
"Breloom!"
"Ice Beam."
Michael healed up his Crobat and used a Revive on his Jolteon.
"Shadow Break. Ice Beam."
Crobat fainted. Jolteon got sent out again.
"Thunder Wave!" Michael said while he revived another Pokémon.
"Ice Beam. Shadow Storm"
Breloom and Sealeo fainted.
Ardos smirked and took back his Swellow.
Michael had lost the battle and whited out.