Chapter 2

Michael had made his way to his room, almost running. He didn't notice before, but there was indeed something new placed on his desk. He eagerly picked it up and almost let it fall onto the ground because of a sudden sound that came from it.
"Hello to you, too..." Michael mumbled. He then examined the small device to figure out it's mechanics. The menu displayed little of his basic information. When selecting the list of downloaded functions, he could open two: the first one was the Strategy Memo. Upon further investigation, this seemed to function just like a Pokédex from the other regions. The second function was the mailbox Krane had talked about. There was one recieved mail.
Krane: "If you're reading this e-mail, then you must have obtained the P⭐DA. Try out it's many features. By the way, Adon was playing hide-and-seek with Jovi. Why not chat with him?"
'Oh, why not.'
Michael made his way to the second floor, tip-toeing when he reached Adon's room.
"Boo!"
"Waah!?" Adon flew up, hitting his head against his desk.
Michael laughed. "Why are you even under there?"
"Oh, hi, it's you, Michael. You startled me!"
"Do you know where Jovi is?"
"Well... were supposed to be playing hide-and-seek right now, but isn't she around anywhere?"
"Nope. Can't find her anywhere and mom is looking for her."
"Well, maybe she's gone off to Dr. Kaminko's manor."
"Where's that?"
"It's a big, weird house southeast of here. The road is almost a straight line, you won't be able to miss it."
"Okay, thanks."
"You know, Jovi's "it" in our game. I wish she could find me soon. I've been laying here for two hours now and my back is starting to hurt."
"Hahaha. I'll get her. Hold on a little longer."

Michael left the HQ Lab. He hopped onto his scooter and traveled to the peculiar manor, following Adon's given directions.

---

Thunder was roaring in the sky upon arrival. The clouds had a threatening, dark grey colour.
'I hope it won't start raining any time soon...' Michael thought as he looked up at the sky.
He walked through the broken gates that lead to the place's courtyard, being careful not to become a suspicious character.
In the middle of the yard was a fountain with water moving around in it calmly. The statue on top of it was made to look like the legendary Pokémon Groudon.
'Okay, that's kinda cool.'

When he was just about to step onto the manor's porch, Michael got stopped.
"Wait! Who goes there?!"
"Huh?" Michael turned around to see who called. He got approached by a man who even smaller than himself. He had blue-like hair and wore goggles with spirals on them.
"You must be a burglar! Chobin will put you straight! Don't you move!"
"And you are...?"
"Chobin is the name! And Chobin is the number-one assistant to Dr. Kaminko! Chobin is the only assistant, so Chobin has to be the number-one assistant!"
Michael tried to contain his laughter. 'What's with his speech?' He thought.
"What will you do? Arrest me?" He then asked.
"Correct! With the help of my Pokémon! Go, Sunkern!"
'A Pokémon battle, huh? That's always fun!' "Eevee, time to battle! Use a Bite attack!"
"Sun- Sunkern?"
"Haha. It flinched. Again, Eevee!"

"Oh... Chobin lost!"
Michael chuckled. "Yep, you sure did."
"You've made Chobin angry now! Even though Chobin lost, you're still not going past Chobin!"
"Oh, really?"
"Huh?" Chobin leaned in a little closer and scanned his intruder. "Closer observation reveals that the subject is a child. Ergo, the subject is not a burglar!"
Michael rolled his eyes. "What gave it away? I'm Michael."
Chobin let out a laugh. "Chobin wishes you spoke up right away. Chobin apologizes for jumping to the wrong conclusion."
At that moment, the manor's doors opened. A small girl ran out it. "Oh! Big brother! What are you doing here?"
"Mom said-"
"Oh! Jovi gets it! Big brother, you got lost, didn't you?"
"What? No! I got here looking for you."
"Uh-uh-uh!" Jovi raised her hand with her index finger up. "There's no hiding stuff from Jovi! Because Jovi knows!"
'This won't do...' Michael thought after letting out a sigh.
"This big house is Dr. Kaminko's. Dr. Kaminko's job is to make incredible inventions. There's a whole bunch of neat machines like they have at the Pokémon HQ Lab."
"For real?"
"Yeah! You should come in too, big brother." Jovi said and ran back inside.
"Michael, you are that girl's older brother? Sometimes she comes here. She wanders around everywhere. Chobin finds it hard keeping an eye on her so that she does not bother the doctor. Oh, yes! Michael, will you have a look at Dr. Kaminko's inventions? You will, yes?"
"Yeah, why not. I'm already here anyways."
"Okay, this way, please! Follow Chobin!"

"Okay! Chobin will now show you the inventions of the inestimable Dr. Kaminko. Dr. Kaminko's inventions, it needs to be said, are number one in the world! Chobin is full of admiration!"
"How are you so sure they're the number one in the whole world?"
"Oh? Why does Chobin think that? That needs explaining?"
"Well, yes. Of course. Everyone can claim they have the number one inventions."
"In the whole world, no one but Dr. Kaminko's would invent such inventions! Therefore, they are number one in the world without question!"
"Mhm." Michael hummed sarcastically.
"Our Dr. Kaminko, who is verily great, is inventing in that room there." Chobin pointed at the door behind which Jovi's voice could be heard. "Uh-oh! That girl is at Dr. Kaminko's side again! Chobin hopes she is causing no disturbance! Anyway, let Chobin acquaint you with just some of Dr. Kaminko's greatest inventions. Let the VCR roll!"
"The what?" Michael snapped back to reality after letting his thoughts wander off for a moment.

The VCR contained footage of Chobin filming himself. He was speaking about something called the Unhealthy Sandals. About how it fails everything it's supposed to do, but in a fabulous way. After the VCR stopped rolling, Chobin laughed proudly. "Incredible, is it not?"
"...yeah...?"
"There is much more that that, too. The doctor's inventions, which are fantastic, can be seen on this monitor. Chobin gives you permission to use this anytime you like."
"...thanks. I guess." Wanting to leave this place, he entered the room with the doctor and approached his sister.
"Hi, big brother! This is a funny drawing! It's a really detailed drawing of a really weird machine!"
"Mhm. I'm going."
"...Huh? Are you going home already? But you just got here!"
"These guys are weird. I don't want to stick around any longer than needed."
"Oh... Jovi gets it! Jovi has to show you how to go home, right?"
"Not really. I know the way."
"Okay! That's what Jovi will do! Jovi will take you home!"
Michael sighed.
"Mimi! Let's go home with big brother!"
The Minum next to the bookshelf let out a happy cry and jumped into its Poké Ball.
"Okay, let's move out! Jovi will visit again, Doctor! Bye-bye!"

~~~~~~~~~

Michael's P⭐DA: