Chapter 19

???: "Now hand over the Data Rom!"
Nett was in a tight spot. That big guy had a firm hold on his sister, making him hesitate. Should he give it to Cipher and get his sister back to safety? Or shouldn't he give it to save its contents and risk her? Nett clenched his fists while he was looking to the floor.
"Of all the people it could've ended up with, it had to be with you, Nett, the wiz of data analysis. It wouldn't do to let you keep it."
Nett groaned, barely audible. "...Alright. Just keep your hands off of my sister. The Data Rom is right here..." Nett held it up after taking it out of his computer.
"Good boy! You catch on real quick. Toss me the Data Rom nice and easy now."
Nett did as he was told. He wasn't happy about it, however.
"Heh..." The thug smirked as he took a look at the Data Rom. "Okay, I'll thank you for returning this. By the way... Let me guess. Are you maybe thinking it doesn't matter because you've already copied the Data on this?"
Nett tried to not give his thoughts away.
The tv-screen behind Nett and Bitt turned on, showing one of the other peons located on a different floor. "Captain!" He started. "We've finished completely scrubbing data from ONBS' servers. It's all gone, sir."
The screen went black again.
Nett gasped for air. "W-what?!"
"Waahahaha! That's why I'm not worried! It's heartbreaking, isn't it?! Well, thanks for being such a great host, but we've got to go. Here's your sister back."
The thug pushed Megg in Nett's direction. She almost fell due to the amount of force he used, but remained on her feet. Aftervregaining balance, she quickly walked up to her brother. "Nett!"
"Megg, are you all right??"

At that moment, Michael entered the scene. "Megg! Nett!"
Both of them, just like Bitt, looked up.
"Hunh?" The thug turned around. "What are you doing there, punk? I hate to be rude, but I've got no time to lose."
"Neither do I."
"Then get out of my way!"
"Never! Houndoom, Jolteon, I choose you!"
"Argghh! Girafarig, Loudred!"
"Join forces with your dark type attacks to beat the Girafarig!"
"What?! Come back! Mawile!"
The Aura Reader started responding.
"Loudred, use Stomp!"
"Jolteon, Thunder Wave Mawile! Houndoom, attack the Loudred!"
"Shadow Rush!"
Jolteon fainted.
'In one hit?! How strong is that one?!'
Michael sent out his Spheal.
"Loudred, Stomp!"
"Houndoom, take down that Loudred! Spheal, use Mud Slap on his next Pokémon!"
The last Pokémon was a Raichu.
'Good.' Michael thought about the supper effectiveness. It didn't do a lot of damage, however, leaving room for Mawile to let Spheal faint.
"Shroomish, go! Both of you, attack the Raichu!"
"Seismic Toss! Shadow Rush!"
"Stop that!" Michael yelled as his Shroomish barely hung on thanks to its Focus Band.
The thug had a foul smirk on his face.
"Houndoom, knock out the Raichu! Shroomish, use Headbutt on Mawile!"
Unfortunately, it didn't get flinched. Another Shadow Rush knocked out Michael's Houndoom.
Michael became nervous. "Aron, your turn! Use Iron Defence! Shroomish, Headbut!" 'Come on... flinch...'
"Shadow Rush!"
"Zubat... go!" He used a Revive on Jolteon as he commanded his Aron to use a Mud Slap.
"Mawile, attack!"
But it couldn't move of the paralysis.
"Okay, got another turn." Michael mumbled. "Use Mud Slap and Astonish!" (It flinched)
'Yes!' "Keep using those moves to lower it's accuracy and - hopefully - flinch it!"
After what seemed like forever, Michael was able to catch the Mawile. A sigh of relief followed right after.
"Drat!" The thug yelled. "I didn't see that coming. But I've got what I came for. I don't need to stick around when I've got this Data Rom. Adios!"
And with that, Michael was left alone with Nett and the others.

"Is everyone all right?"
"Yes, you sent those horrible people running! Seriously, thank you!" Megg said with audible joy.
"We're fine, yes. You got us out of that jam! But what about you?!" Nett asked worriedly.
"I'm okay. ...Just about."
"Yeah," Bitt started. "But by the sound of it, they must think that we haven't managed to check out the contents of the Data Rom yet." He clicked his tongue a couple of times in disapproval. "Faulty assumption. They shouldn't underestimate Nett here! Hehehe."
"Huh?" Michael frowned as he glanced at Nett.
"But not all the data analysis was finished..." Bitt clicked his tongue, louder this time. "Those Cipher creeps!"
"Still, from what we did manage to decrypt, a part of Cipher's criminal plans became clear. For instance, Cipher was behind the disappearance of that cargo ship, the S.S. Libra."
"They were?!"
"There's more."
The look on Michael's face told Nett he was thinking 'more?'
"Cipher is planning a major attack on Phenac City."
"Oh, no, Nett! Is that true?" Megg asked worriedly. "Marcia has gone off to Phenac City! She said she was going to investigate why the town's communication systems are down."
"What?!" Bitt exclaimed. "Cipher could attack there at any time!"
"Michael, we need your help. Please, could you inform the Mayor of Phenac City about Cipher's coming attack?"
Michael couldn't believe what he was hearing. Yet, he agreed on Nett's request.
"Phenac is east of here. Let them know about the attack as soon as possible!"
"If I'm gone, what will you do in the meantime?"
"I.... I'll do my best to recover the precious data that they deleted."

"Oh, Michael." Bitt stopped him as he was about to exit the room. In Phenac City, there's a guy named Justy. He's the leader of the Prestige Precept Center. Try to hook up with him. I'm sure he'll be eager to help you stop Cipher from attacking his town."
Michael nodded with a determined look in his eyes, then turned around again, made his preparations for the trip and drove off to his next destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current team:

(Aron & Zubat were caught at the Cave Poké Spot

(Aron & Zubat were caught at the Cave Poké Spot.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current progress: