Chapter 49

After hearing Harry is leaving, Louis didn't leave his room. He doesn't eat, doesn't sleep or doesn't talk, not even to Zayn or Dani. The only thing he does is smoking cigarettes and cry. The boy is not doing okay at all.

"Lou, Harry is leaving in one hour. I'm quite sure he is in reception right now waiting for his transfer to the airport." Zayn says to the smaller boy. "Good for him." Louis says, taking a drag from his cigarette. "Don't act like you are a bad boy, Lou . It doesn't suit you at all. The only thing I'm saying is that you should go to reception to say goodbye. You will regret it if you don't. " Zayn tries to reason with his friend.

"There are more things that have to do with Harry that I regret. Number one being trusting and believing him. I shouldn't be angry. I should have see it coming. Who wants to stay with a loser like me? Why was I even hoping?" Louis laughs humourless and it's starting to piss Zayn off.

"Are you almost ready with your self pity, Tomlinson? Then I would like you to join me to reception. Lou, you can't let Harry go without saying a proper goodbye. The boy loves you like crazy for god's sake. Don't do this to yourself and him, Lou. Just join me and Dani. We are going in a bit to say goodbye to them. You should come as well. Lou, you will feel horrible if you don't I promise." Zayn explains.

"You promise? Oh yeah then it must surely happen. Promises are always kept." Sarcasm dripping on Louis voice. "Louis, you are being to hard on him! He is chasing his dream! What are you saying? That when you were in his shoes you would deny an offer like that? Because I won't believe you. Stop this game, Lou. You love him so much and he loves you. If you don't want to go to London with him, that's fine. But then at least try long distance. If it doesn't work it doesn't. You can at least say you tried. Just... Go to reception, grab that boy and kiss him senseless. Who knows when is the next time you can. Don't ruin this for yourself, Tomlinson. You found your happiness, don't let it go because you are a stubborn fucker! You already lost two days of precious time with him because you wanted to be stubborn."

"Thanks for the support, Zayn. I feel a lot better now. Nice knowing you are on my side." Louis snaps, opening a bottle of whisky to take a sip from it, pure.

"Oh I am on your side Tommo. It looks like you aren't. Stop torturing yourself! Throw those fucking cigarettes away, act like an adult and please you don't even like whiskey!"  Zayn is beyond annoyed with his friend who tries to ruin his own future.

"Excuse me. I do like whiskey."

"Since when?"

"Two days ago."

Zayn rolls his eyes. "Okay, Louis. I'm tired of having this conversation with you. I'm going to reception now, if you know what's best for you then I'll see you there." With these words Zayn leaves his friend who slowly starts to become a crying mess again.

Harry hasn't seen Louis since the fight in his room. He has gone to his room but it was always locked, tried to call him but it went always straight to voicemail, tried to DM him but he is blocked. Right now he is sitting in reception with Niall and Shirley. He wishes Louis was here as well. He doesn't want to leave like this. Not after all they have been through.

"I'm sure he will come, Haz. He loves you." Niall assures. Harry only nods, trying to fight his tears. "I think so too. He is just a bit hurt because you are leaving. As I understood from things you've said before he has a fear of people leaving him and that's exactly what you are doing right now. He just needs some time." Shirley explains. Those words doesn't make Harry feel better. He feels guilty but he knows he is doing the right thing. He can't let go of a chance like that.

"Harry Niall, Shirley, hey!" Dani, Zayn and Payno are walking in reception, no Louis. Harry feels his eyes tear as he sees the little one isn't with the group. Zayn notices and he takes the boy aside.

"Harry, I understand you are upset. Don't think Louis isn't here because he doesn't love you, okay? In fact he isn't here because of the complete opposite reason. He loves you too much to see you go. I talked to him earlier and I hope he shows up." Harry only nods, the gulp in his throat to big to answer. "I love him too..." are the only words he says. "I know you do, Harry. And I think Louis knows as well. He just needs time. He has seen many people he loves, leave Harry. He has seen all his family leave. He just... He doesn't know how to deal with it. I'm sorry. Maybe he'll still come. He loves you so so so much." Zayn has tears in his eyes as well, and it makes it even more difficult for the curly lad not to cry.

"Guys, don't be emotional! We will all be in contact okay?" Payno tries to cheer everybody up, but without any success. The group talks a bit about the amazing memories they made together on the island and it hurts Harry even more. Every single memory includes Louis. Louis who doesn't talk to him anymore.

"Niall, mi amigo! Taxi I am here!" Juan with his broken English enters the hotel and Niall smiles at him. "Juan, my friend! So good to see you! How's the dog? I went to that restaurant it was amazing!" Niall starts to talk immediately with the older driver and Harry and Shirley follow them to the taxi. He is ten minutes early.

"So, I guess this is goodbye then." Harry says to the bunch of entertainers. "Don't say goodbye, Harry. It's a see you later! I'm sure we'll see you later!" Dani tries to cheer him up. Harry nods, saying his goodbyes before he steps in the car.

When the taxi starts driving towards the airport, Harry's tears finally fall down. His sobs are loud and uncontrollably. Shirley tries to calm him down but without any success.

He didn't come down. He didn't say goodbye. He has lost Louis forever. He came on this island with a broken heart, and leaves it with a shattered one.