Chapter 22

Louis and Harry have been making out in Harry's room for the last half hour. They both skipped lunch so they have more alone time during Louis' break. "I literally can't get enough from you." Louis' voice is raspy and he really can't stop touching Harry. He has to touch him. "You are a fucking drug, Lou." Harry moans in between the kisses.

The boys stop when Harry's phone goes off. Without looking at the caller ID he answers, putting it immediately on speakerphone so he can keep touching Louis.

"Harry speaking." Harry doesn't look at the phone, he just pays attention to the boy in his bed, pulling him on his lap. "Harry, it's me." Harry recognises that voice immediately. He pushes Louis a bit off his lap, taking his phone in his hand but still keeps it on speaker phone. He doesn't want Louis to think he has something to hide. Because he has not. Harry doesn't want to keep any secrets for the small boy.

"Caroline, hey. Didn't expect you to call." Harry says honestly. Harry hears her cry, he does. But he decides to ignore it. They are not together anymore and even though it does breaks his heart to hear her cry, it's not his job anymore to make her happy. "Har, I'm so happy to hear you. You are the only one I want to hear right now." Harry looks at Louis who shrinks more and more after every word Caroline says.

Louis knows Harry is still not completely over her. They were doing so good now but this phone call can ruin everything. Again horror scenarios are playing inside Louis' head. He wants to cry now, but he can't. Thinking about Harry leaving him to be back with her drives Louis mad. He is scared, so scared.

"I'm kind of busy now though, Caroline. Can't you talk to Derek about it?" Harry says grabbing Louis' hand as he sees the boys' face.

"That's the thing, Harry. I broke up with Derek. I thought he would make me happy. I really thought I was in love but during every single kiss or hug you were on my mind, Har. I broke up with him because I can't get you out of my head. I should have never broken up with you. I don't understand how it even crossed my mind to throw  away our five years together. I love you, Harry Styles. I know you are on holiday for still a few weeks but when you're back I would really like it if we could talk it out. I'll take you out to your favourite restaurant and we can go to the lake after to talk, you know how we used to."

Harry is speechless. For two months he has been waiting for this phone call. It's the only thing he has been wanting all this time. His heart is beating fast. He isn't completely over the blond girl but he has been doing a pretty great job since he met Louis. Harry doesn't know what to do, what to say, what to answer. Hearing Caroline say these words does something to the curly lad. He has been dreaming from this moment since the day they broke up. The answer should be so easy. Yet Harry doesn't know what to say. He knows Caroline is perfect. He knows he can talk to her, laugh with her, cry on her shoulder, they know each other all their lives. They grew up together. Their parents are best friends. Their mothers have been planning their wedding since they were five. Harry knows a relationship with Caroline is safe and that they are comfortable about each other. He doesn't have to think about his mother accepting his relationship. They will marry, have children together and buy a nice but cosy home together. Harry's heart warms about that thought. Marry and have children is all he ever wanted.

Louis is sitting on the edge of the bed, cornered himself leaning against the bedframe. He pulls up his knees and his tears are no longer hidden. What's happening now is the exact thing Louis feared. He would lose Harry before he was even officially his. This is the exact reason why Louis doesn't fall in love. He has been hurt once and now it would happen again, even worse.

Harry will promise Caroline they will talk it out, goes back to her. He would ignore Louis for the time he has left here or even go home earlier. He would totally forget about the boy and live a perfect life with stupid, perfect Caroline. Louis can't handle his own thoughts and needs to be alone. He doesn't want to hear Harry's words escaping his mouth, admitting he has never been over her and telling her he loves her, wants to be with her. He honestly can't handle that. He has to leave the room.

Harry still hasn't answered. Louis knows exactly what this means. He wants her back so badly but is too scared to say it in front of Louis. Harry is a good guy and is probably thinking about ways to let Louis down gently. Louis decides to help the boy. He pushes the blankets off his knees and climbs out of the bed. Tears are rolling down his face and his heart hurts so much. He can't believe he lost him. He has to leave, now.

The smaller boy is shocked when he feels a big hand around his tiny wrist, stopping him from leaving the room.

Green meets blue when Harry says: "I'm sorry, Caroline. I met someone else and no hair on my head thinks about leaving them. I've been waiting for two months for you. You're too late. I do wish you all the best." Harry throws away his phone on the bed, not even ending the call, his eyes never leaving Louis' blue orbs.

Harry stands up, standing close to the smaller boy and still making eye contact. He rests his forehead on Louis' and wipes away his tears with his thumb. "I promised I would never leave you, Lou. I intend to keep that promise."

Louis can't believe what he is hearing. More tears are flowing down now. This time from happiness. He can't believe Harry chose him. Harry chose Louis over his ex where he still has feelings for. "But..." Louis wants to say something but Harry shushes him. "Don't talk, Lou. It' you and me against the world okay?" Louis only nods, a big smile plastered on his face. He doesn't know what he did to deserve someone like Harry in his life but he does know he will never make the same mistake as Caroline and let him go.  It's official, Louis depends on Harry.

"Go wash your face, love. You have archery in 15 minutes." Harry kisses some tears off Louis cheeks. Louis puts his arms around Harry. He needs to feel him, checking this isn't a dream. "You're real, you're here. You did pick me..." Louis whispers, head buried in Harry's chest. "I'm real love, and I'm here. I'll always be here and I'll always pick you. It has always been you, Louis Tomlinson. It's been you since the moment I peed on you." Louis can't hide a smile thinking back about their first meeting. Harry intrigued Louis from the very first second.

There are three words burning on Louis' tongue. He wants to say them so badly, but he doesn't. He is afraid they scare Harry. They aren't even official together yet. Still he knows those three words are real and he means it.

Louis walks to the bathroom, closing the door when he slides down. "I love you..." he whispers, thinking about the curly lad in the other room. Louis does. He loves Harry with all his heart and he knows he is into deep to ever get out. Louis puts himself in a dangerous position. Normally he would be scared as hell knowing someone else has control over him. Now he isn't. He trusts Harry with his life. The younger boy has proofed he would always pick Louis and it gives Louis the self confidence he needs. Harry did it. He broke down Louis' walls.