Chapter 40

Harry and Niall arrive at room number 15. Harry can't believe his eyes. Shirley is sitting in the corner of the room, covering her ears and crying. Zayn is holding Caroline against the wall, fire coming out of his eyes, Dani is on top of El and Louis... Louis is laying on the floor, lifeless.

"What the hell is going on here!" Everybody stops what they are doing when they hear Harry's voice. Niall goes to Shirley, taking her in his arms.

"Har, hey what are you doing here? I told you I'd be back. Go to your room, darling. You need to rest." Caroline is the first one to talk. "Don't even think about talking to him again." Zayn presses her harder against the wall.

"That's not an answer? What's with Louis? What happened to him? Why is he on the floor?" His voice is angry. Harry can't resist and runs towards the smaller boy, lifting him up and laying him down on one of the two beds. He takes the head of the boy and lays it on his lap. Automatically he starts to strike his hair. It's a habit.

"Please do explain to your precious Harry what happened to Louis." Zayn spits to Caroline. "You can tell him as well if you want, bitch." Dani says to El.

"Look, Har I don't know what's going on. I just got lost and I heard some noise and I came to check up on El and..." "Cut the bullshit, blondie. El confessed." Dani snaps.

Harry is so confused. Caroline? El? Confessed? "Caro, what's happening?" Harry looks hopeful at his friend, hoping for a rational explanation why Zayn has her pinned against a wall.

"I just wanted to help you, H." She starts to cry and the more she speaks, the more confused Harry gets. "Help me? Help me with what Caroline? Please I don't understand it. Why are we all here? Why the fuck is Lou blacked out? What happened to him?" Harry's voice is a mix of anger and panic. "

"I'll tell..." Shirley whispers. "I heard the confession, I know what happened. Niall, go over to Harry he will need you." The redhead says. Caroline looks in shock at her friend. "Shirls, Shirls please. You are confused. I don't think you know..." She tries to convince her friend to shut up.

"Don't even call me that you disgusting bitch." Harry and Niall look both shocked at Shirley. The two girls are close friends and Shirley has been defending Caroline all the time. What made her turn like this.

"Caroline and El made a plan to break you and Louis up." Shirley starts. Harry and Niall look at her attentively, wanting to absorb every word she says.

"In the beginning they tried little things like bringing up the past, or El giving bad advice to Haz. Little innocent things, not completely innocent but not like this. The night Louis asked you out, Caroline apparently snapped and came up with this plan.

She disappeared on purpose, knowing you would be worried. She knew you would come up to her to talk and that's when El had to do her part.

She invited Louis to her room and she... She drugged him." Harry's eyes go wide and he immediately looks at the boy laying on his lap. "Drugged?" He repeats. Shirley nods and both Caroline and El avoid all eyecontact.

"When Louis was blacked out, El put her camera on Kendall's bed. She took off Louis' shirt and undressed herself for the picture that you received. She printed it out immediately and put it under your door. She took Louis phone, using his finger to unlock it, and texted you.

The plan was working as you were crying in your room, believing Louis cheated on you with El. The only problem was Louis who was still in El's room. El had to move him before Kendall came back so she texted Caroline to help her move him. Caroline was going to convince you to fly back home, making sure you couldn't speak to Louis.

Kendall heard some parts about the plan and warned us, so when Niall came to you, we came here. Kendall said..."

"She tried to warn me..." Harry whispers. "If I would have listened Louis wouldn't be..."

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I..." Caroline wants to apologise but Harry snaps. "You don't ever get to talk to me again. Zayn, call the police." Harry says. All eyes go wide as Harry says those words.

"Police?" El repeats, fear in her voice.

"Yes, police. Identity theft, drugging, abusing someone, spreading private pictures. Zayn, call the police now." Harry is on the verge of tears and he is completely shaking. "Harry, are you sure?" Dani asks. "Harry, mate we are not in the UK. We have no idea how the Spanish police system works... I think it will be really complicated." Niall says.

"Okay, fine. No police. But you..." Harry walks up to El after putting Louis' head gently on the bed. "You quit this job, first thing tomorrow morning." El nods, looking like a deer at Harry.

"And you?" Harry looks straight into Caroline's grey eyes. "Fuck you. Stay out of my life. You are dead to me. I never want to see you again. Go look for mental help, psycho bitch."

And these were the last words Harry spoke. He lifted up Louis, carrying him bridal style and put him in Harry's bed. Harry pulled the boy close to him and he cried. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, love. I'm so sorry I doubted you. I'm so sorry I talked to her. I love you so much..." Harry doesn't sleep. He refuses to close one eye before Louis opens his.

Harry's head is hurting as he thinks about this evening. This is all too much. Harry takes Louis' phone, looking for the number of his boss. He can't let Louis work tomorrow, not even after tomorrow.

"What do you want, Tomlinson. It's one in the night, you better have a good reason." The man sounds grumpy as Harry probably ruined his sleep.

"Sir, this is Harry speaking. I'm Louis' boyfriend."

"Yeah, I heard about that. Congratulations both of you. How can I help you, Harry?" Simon's voice is sweet and soft now, knowing he is on the phone with a costumer. Probably his best one as he stays for two months.

"Sir, things happened here tonight and someone drugged Louis. He is still unconscious. Sir, I'm so sorry but I really think he needs some time off. I don' t know if he still has holiday but..."

"Drugged? Jesus, who did that to him? No, Harry don't worry. Louis doesn't have to work. He can have a week off. Tell him to get better and take care of my little man, yeah?"

Harry smiles at Simon's words. "Yeah, I will not let him out of my sight. I'm sorry to disturb your sleep. Thank you so much and have a good night."

"Not a problem at all. Have a good night too, Harry."

Harry puts Louis' phone in his charger that was still in Harry's room and he caresses the face of the older boy. "I love you, Lou. I love you so much... I'll take care of you, I promise. I will not even let you alone for a second."