38

3rd person POV

"Umm, Richie?"
"Yeah?"
"There's only one bed..."

A couple of weeks ago, the Losers had all decided to go on a week long road trip before Ben had to move away at the end of the month. They were determined to make as many memories as possible whilst there were still seven of them, and had loads of stops planned on their trip. Despite this, the first day had only been an excruciatingly boring eight hours of driving on motorways - with the occasional toilet stop or food break - and it was now eleven pm and they'd made it to the motel they had booked for the night. To cut costs, the Losers had decided to share a room with one other person (Ben and Bev, Stan and Bill, Richie and Eddie, with Mike getting his own room) but both boys specifically remembered Beverly promising one bed each. Instead they had made it to their room last and swung open the door to find a singular double bed.

eddie POV

"There's only one bed..."
At this, Richie stopped saying goodnight to Ben and looked into the room.
"Bev I swear to god I will kill you," He says, voice scarily serious, but Beverly only giggles and I hear her door slam shut along with the others'.
After a moment, Richie walks past me into the room, and throws the duvet back.

"But there's only one..." I trail off, confused.
"Yeah, I can see that," Richie says nonchalantly before getting into the bed, "It's not like we have enough money to rent another room,"
I gulp and close the door behind me, walking over and standing at the foot of the bed.
"Well I'm not sharing a bed with you," I scowl, crossing my arms.

"Why, afraid you won't be able to resist me?" Richie teases, winking at me. I feel my cheeks begin to grow warm. Wait, what the fuck? Why am I flustered?
"You're the last person I would ever want to sleep with," I say, narrowing my eyes and ignoring my pink cheeks. Richie simply laughs at this.
"Fine then, sleep on the floor,"

Anger bubbles up in me at this sentence.
"I am not sleeping on the floor, do you know how many diseases could be on there? This is a fucking motel, they never clean these places properly! Hundreds of people have probably been in here and-"
"Well I'm not moving," Richie cuts me off, shrugging and turning on his side so he's facing the wall. I huff and roll my eyes, tapping my foot as I consider my options. Fuck.

I walk over and throw back the covers on my side before lying down and pulling them around me, my back to Richie's. We both stay as far apart as humanly possible, and I sigh before whispering:
"I hate you," and closing my eyes.
"Love you too Spaghetti,"
"Don't call me that!"
"Alright alright, goodnight,"
"Night,"

*time skip to morning*

I feel something on my face. Fingertips brushing a couple of strands of hair out of my face and behind my ear. I immediately realise who it must be, and I also feel an arm wrapped tightly around my waist. My eyes flutter open. I'm met with a pair of soft hazel eyes looking intently into my own, and they widen in shock before Richie quickly pulls his arms away and turns over. Not fast enough for me to miss the deep red blush covering his cheeks, though.

"Couldn't resist me?" I smirk, quoting him from earlier.
"Shut up," He mumbles.

________________
okay okay ik this concept is soooo overused but i still love it 😌

i feel like this is more cannon reddie lmao

also i say this every single time but thank you for all ur comments and votes, i've been having kinda a hard time atm with the second lockdown (i'm not trying to be dramatic or looking for sympathy or anything) and they really help so yeah- ily all :))

(sorry if u got double notifications i forgot to edit it)