33

note: the music will be current time music but it's still set in the 50s (also idk if i should say the 50s or the 80s cause the book is set in the 50s and the 2017 first movie is set in the 80s and the 1990 miniseries is set in the 60s- it's very confusing but i guess it doesn't rly matter whatever u wanna imagine)

Richie POV

"Do you hear that?" Eddie whispers excitedly, head tilted towards the window. I copy him and concentrate. There it is; the faint pattering of water against the roof and windows.
"Rain," I smile.
"It seems like ages since we've had any rain at all... it must've been before summer," Eddie thinks aloud, and I nod in agreement.
"Can I turn the radio on?" I ask.
"Mhm,"

I get up off his bed and walk over to the radio on the desk, turning the dials until it tunes into the right station. I always play music when it rains, I'm not entirely sure why but it just makes me feel... something. It's when I feel the most alive.

"...remember when we ran from the pool
All the decorations up in your room
And I couldn't find the right words to use
But I knew that you knew."

I turn and grin at Eddie. We both immediately recognise the song as Remember When by Wallows - a personal favourite of the both of us. We enthusiastically sing along as the song continues.

"It seems so long, it seemed so long
The moments that stay, they turn out all wrong
When I look around, you're gone"

I return to the bed and sit opposite him, studying his face as we continue to belt out the lyrics.

"Oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh"

His eyes are closed and his hair falls into his face as I resist the urge to tuck it back behind his ear. He looks absolutely beautiful, as he always does.

"All the places that return to
All the faces that remind you"

His lips curl upwards into a slight smile and he begins to sway along with the tune. I do the same.

"I can still see you at the place out there when I close my eyes
Do you remember when we felt like the only two alive?
Don't let me be one of the people that seek a lost romance
Would you go and do it all over again, given a chance?"

Eddie's eyes flutter open as the song comes to an end and I quickly avert my gaze to the alarm clock on his bedside table. 00:56 flashes back at me in glowing red.

"Oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh"

The sound of the storm fills the room and we both listen intently for the next song. "That song is definitely still my favourite," the cheery presenter says. "And next we have... I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys!"

Shit.

My eyes immediately flick to Eddie as the song starts, but he seems unfazed. Maybe he hasn't heard this song before. It might've been alright if I hadn't heard it either, but I have. I shiver as I remember the many nights I'd spent longing for Eddie's touch, listening to this song on repeat and wandering if he felt even a fraction of what I felt for him.

Immediately, I get up and reach over to turn the song off, but eddie grabs my arm and pulls me back next to him before I reach the radio.
"Don't, I like this one," He says softly, and the song begins.

"I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
Breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford Cortina
I will never rust"

We make eye contact, and I try to focus on something, anything, other than the overpowering urge to just lean in and kiss him right here and now.

"If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot
You call all the shots, babe
I just wanna be yours"

I bite my bottom lip as I realise Eddie didn't remove his hand from mine when he pulled me back onto the bed earlier, and the contact is sending sparks up my spine.

"Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yours"

Thank god Sonia's out of town for tonight. I don't know what we'd do if she walked in on us like this right now. But that thought quickly disappears as I watch Eddie's tongue quickly dart out and wet his lower lip.

"I wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours"

When did it get so hot in here? More importantly, when the fuck did I find myself in this situation? Not that I'm particularly complaining...

"Let me be your 'leccy meter
And I'll never run out
Let me be the portable heater
That you'll get cold without"

Eddie traces patterns onto my palm carefully, still refusing to avert his gaze. I continue to stare back, and it feels as though I'm drowning in his dark brown eyes. For a second I even swear I can see flecks of gold in there, but it must just be the light.

"I wanna be your setting lotion
Hold your hair in deep devotion (I'll be)
At least as deep as the Pacific Ocean
Now I wanna be yours"

A few more strands of hair fall into Eddie's face, and this time I allow myself to push it back behind his ear. He leans into the touch, filling me with enough confidence to leave my hand resting there, stroking his cheekbone.

"Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours"

The look in his eyes seems to change into something I can't quite place, and his other hand moves to rest at my waist.

"I wanna be yours
I wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours"

Taking a risk, I slowly trace my thumb across his soft lower lip. Eddie exhales sharply.
"Richie..." He breathes.
"Mmm," I respond.
"Just kiss me already,"

"Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours
Wanna be yours"

That's all it takes for me to lean in and smash our lips together. I close my eyes and a wave of euphoria washes over me as our lips move in sync.

"I wanna be your vacuum cleaner (Wanna be yours)
Breathing in your dust (Wanna be yours)
I wanna be your Ford Cortina (Wanna be yours)
I will never rust (Wanna be yours)"

When we're finally forced to pull away for air, we only part for a couple of seconds. Just long enough for Eddie to whisper
"Fucking finally," before reconnecting our lips.

"I just wanna be yours (Wanna be yours)
I just wanna be yours (Wanna be yours)
I just wanna be yours (Wanna be yours)"

______________
riverrchamberss catraisthebest

lmk what u guys thought of this :))

also i recommend listening to Remember When by Wallows whilst u read the first part, it didn't let me add more than 1 YouTube video so

btw the reason i never put ages in these is cause i think it's better if u get to decide just don't imagine them as 8yr olds or something creepy-