{Chapter 21}

"How have you been Ro?", he eyed me from head to toe.

Ew.

And that ladies and gentlemen, are some cons of being a waitress.

You just have to stick a fake smile and serve whoever comes for a coffee. Despite liking the customer or not you just have to be professional and do your best.

But considering the situation right now, oh how I would love to smack that smirk of his out of his disgusting lips and flush him in the toilet.

He's a shit that needs to be flashed away after all.

It's not like I hate him. It's more like I don't want to have anything to do with him. If you asked me though, I would gladly kick him where the sun doesn't shine.

But I'll stay professional.

I'll try at least.

I inhaled deeply and forced a smile.
"I've been good. Now what would you like to order?"

I'll try to get it over with.

He looked at me a bit taken aback from my respond as I did not returned the question. But he quickly smirked again.

Ew

"Oh come on Ro. I haven't seen you in so long and you just want to get it over with?"

Precisely.

"I have a job to do, Caleb. I can't just chit-chat with you just because of that. There are customers that I need to serve. Now will you order anything or shall I leave?", I snapped.

If he thinks that I'll throw everything for him and befriend him again, he got it all wrong.

He sighed and shook his head in defeat.
"Fine. I'll have a caramel macchiato with a chocolate muffin.", he repsonded while studying me with a gaze I couldn't read.

His blue eyes seemed hollow. He watched every single move of mine as he gave off a weird aura.

What a creep.

"I'll be back with your order."
I faked a smile and left his table.

___

Time passed and I was getting ready to go home. It was an exhausting day again and the fact that I met Caleb again after years isn't making my situation better either. I just want to go home and cuddle up with my pillow and have fun with the boys.

Speaking of Caleb.

He hasn't left his spot since morning. He ordered a couple of times more, while focusing on his laptop, probably studying for college?

He did stare at me at times and whenever he did, it disgusted me so much. Because he was basically undressing me with his eyes and I felt super uncomfortable.

Still a player I see.

I cleaned all the empty tables and walked through the only occupied one.

I seriously don't feel like talking to him right now.

I just want to go home.

"Caleb you will have to leave now. My shift is over and I'll be closing the shop."
I looked down on him waiting for his reply.

He looked up at me with a poker face.

"Oh.. Okay then."

He gathered his belongings, wore his coat and made his way to the entrance.

Bye bye bish.

I sighed a sigh of relief and cleaned the last table. I tidied up a bit the whole shop and took off my apron. I grabbed a box to put some muffins for the boys and stepped outside the shop, locking it.