Chapter Nineteen: New Arrangements

tw: light adult content (they get a bit touchy that's it)

"Ah, Miss Longbottom," Voldemort actually smiled when I entered the large meeting room. I sat in a newly empty seat next to Draco. "I have very important things to discuss with all of you."

"Just don't speak unless you're spoken to and you'll be fine," Draco whispered to me, then returned to sitting up straighter and listening.

"So, I welcome you all to meet our newest member. Hazel Longbottom."

"I killed her parents!" Bellatrix cackled across the table where she stood next to Voldemort like his pet.

I felt hostility bubble up inside of me. I have to keep it controlled.

"Yes, Bella, you killed her parents. I'm sure we all know this by now," Voldemort silenced her. "Now, the attack on the blood traitors' was mere intimidation. Now we move on to the next part of our plan. Draco, have you fixed the cabinet at Hogwarts? Does it properly work with living things?"

"Yes, my lord," Draco spoke firmly.

The attack on the Weasleys was intimidation? He destroyed their home... if that's just his way of intimidating them then I don't want t know what's next.

"Very well!" Voldemort praised Draco. "I have less doubts to your loyalty now, boy. Now, the other part of your task..." Voldemort glared at Draco. "How have you been progressing with it?"

Draco swallowed hard.

"I keep failing, my lord. But I have a plan for my return tomorrow," Draco explained with a slightly shaky voice.

"Good," Voldemort replied. "I expect the man to be dead by the end of this term."

The meeting continued monotonously. Same stuff. Apparently he's sending out death eaters to kill muggles to 'lessen the chances of mudblood witches and wizards'.

It's disgusting.

But eventually, Voldemort turned back to Draco and I. And I tensed up all over again.

"Now, you two, the youngest of our lovely community here," He grinned. "You two shall be wed! In order to preserve the pure bloodline and Malfoy lineage!"

That's when I spoke up.

"What?!"

"Do you refuse?!" Voldemort raised his voice. I almost cowered in my chair. "I expect you to follow through with my plans or you will be punished!!"

"Y-yes, my lord," I answered him, tears stung my eyes.

"Now, Narcissa, I want them sharing a bedroom. Sharing a wardrobe. Sharing everything!" Voldemort explained. "Begin their bonding process. Encourage them to... do whatever they deem necessary to bring themselves together."

"Yes, my lord," Narcissa calmly replied.

The meeting dismissed and I felt even more numb than I had before. My heart ached and all I wanted in that moment was to be wrapped up in Harry's arms. And for him to tell me it'll be okay.

But it's not. It's not okay. I have to marry a man I don't love. And will be stuck like that forever.

Narcissa ushered us upstairs and into my bedroom. "Now, Hazel, you will be moving into Draco's room. His bed is much bigger than this one and you two are supposed to share. Hazel this room can be a safe space for you if you wish. But you both will now be sharing a room. I guess."

The two of them moved the very small amount of black clothes I had in the wardrobe into Draco's. Then she left us alone in the room to change for bed and get to sleep.