Chapter One: Reunited at the Burrow

"Why, Hazel!" Hermione beamed seeing me enter the Burrow. "You weren't supposed to arrive for another week!"

"Guess I missed you guys," I laughed. Ron and Ginny came downstairs. Followed by Molly.

"Well, hello there, Hazel," Ron gave me a friendly hug. "Pretty sure you're not supposed to be here yet. But we'll take it."

"I know. I know, I'm sorry," I raised my hands up in an apologetic way.

"Oh, hush. Don't apologize for anything," Molly hugged me next. "I see you've brought your things. Why don't you head to the girls room and get settled in, yes?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Molly."

"You're always welcome here, Hazel."

I followed the girls upstairs to Ginny's room. I noticed that there was only one bed and Hermione and Ginny were obviously going to be sharing that bed. Because they're much closer. I guess.

"No offense, Ginny, but... I don't really want to sleep on the floor..."

"Oh, well... where do you plan on sleeping then?" She asked.

"Um..." I sighed a little. "Isn't the twins' room open?"

"Yeah," She snickered. "You want to sleep in my brothers' old room?"

"They're my best friends. I don't mind and I'm sure they won't either," I picked my trunk up and left Ginny's room. Then made my way into the empty room that was the twins'. I could easily tell which of the two beds was Fred's. There was an F carved into the headboard.

I set my trunk on the floor at the end of the bed and flopped down onto the bed. The sweet smell of candy, burning wood, and gunpowder filled my nose and lungs. I smiled, recognizing my best friend's scent on the sheets.

It's no doubt they're washed. But they're definitely Fred's.

I sighed and closed my eyes, relaxing into the soft mattress. The door opened and Ron walked in, a bit startled to see me in the room he predicted to be empty.

"Blimey, scared me there, Hazel!" Ron and I laughed. "You staying in here?"

"I plan on it," I told him, sitting up. "I don't really want to sleep on Ginny's floor."

"Makes sense," He shrugged. "Have you heard from Harry much?"

"No, actually. I haven't," I frowned, remembering my rather lonely break. "I just guessed that the Durseley's didn't let him send letters. I didn't even get one letter."

Ron nodded understandingly. "Likely."

It was quiet between us for a little while, before Ron broke the silence.

"Game of chess?"

"Sure, just let me get settled a bit first, yeah?"

Ron nodded again and left, shutting the door behind him. I got up and dressed in more comfortable clothes. It consisted of Cedric's Hufflepuff hoodie and a pair of leggings. And of course, a pair of comfortable fuzzy socks. Because everyone loves fuzzy socks.

I then tied my hair up in a comfortable ponytail and walked down the many sets of stairs. I passed by the girls' room on my way down and while Hermione was turned away, Ginny gave me a bit of a cold glare.

I just smiled and waved at her, then continued down the stairs. I don't know what her problem is and I honestly could care less about it.

Breaking me out of my head for a minute, I heard the familiar screech of an all too familiar owl. My heart started pounding so I began running down the stairs. I know what owl that is. And I know who it belongs to.