Chapter Three: A Rough Return

"So, you'll be seeing Neville at Hogwarts, right?"

"Yes, he went to stay with a friend for the last bit of break, but he wouldn't tell me who."

"Odd," Hermione raised an eyebrow. "But, I guess, Neville is shy like that."

"Yeah. he was really quiet over break. Quieter than he usually is."

Suddenly Harry got up and reached for something next to his trunk on the rack.

"I need some air. I'll be back."

"Okay..." I frowned a little bit, then he left. "Has anyone else noticed how weird he's been?"

"Yeah," Ron looked confused. "Has he said anything to you?"

"Obviously not, that's why I've asked you two," I replied.

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a death eater."

"What?" I scoffed, Ron snickered. "That's... he's gone mad."

"He's barking," Ron agreed. "Draco Malfoy? Death Eater?"

"His father's a Death Eater. That's why Harry's suspicious. Not only that fact but also because Draco's been extremely shady."

"Isn't he always, though?" I asked.

"Yes, but Death Eater shady?" Ron shook his head. "He's gone a little too far off the deep end, don't you think? That's a strong accusation."

"I agree," I sighed. "I think Harry's just... stressed maybe? He's stuck in his head again. He thinks too much."

"He always has," Ron reminded me. "He's always been like this."

"I talked to Ginny," Hermione said.

"Did you?" I rolled my eyes. "About what?"

"Why she's being the way she is with Harry, knowing you two are together."

"Oh?" I looked out of the train window. "And what did she have to say about that?"

"That she was sorry. And that she just hadn't gotten over her crush on him. You have to understand, Hazel, that she did have the biggest crush on him for the longest time. We're talking years. That's hard to get over. Surely you could understand that."

"She couldn't apologize to me herself?" I scoffed. "And what do you mean, I could understand that? What are you on about?"

"It took you quite a while to get over Cedric," Hermione suggested. "Maybe she's dealing with something similar."

"Hermione, my boyfriend was killed," I snapped. "It's completely different. Don't use that against me to defend Ginny's advances on my boyfriend."

"Blimey," Ron remarked. "Hazel, you've been really touchy today. Are you sure everything's alright?"

"Fine," I stood and grabbed my things. "I'm gonna go find an empty compartment."

I stormed out of the small compartment and slid the door shut firmly. I weaved through students in the aisle way as I made my way to a thankfully empty compartment.

Once I had gotten inside, shut the door, and settled, I took my small notebook out of my bag, along with a pen, and began drawing. Sketching. Anything to get my mind off of everything that's been happening lately.

Before I knew it, the train had stopped at Hogwarts station. I got up and made sure my things were in the correct place for them to be transported to the school, then I climbed onto one of the self drawn carriages and waited.