Chapter Seven: Starstruck Dreamers

"Hazel, are you... nervous?" Hermione scoffed. "The one and only legendary Hazel Longbottom is nervous?"

"Hermione, I'm serious!" I groaned. "I have nothing to wear! And I'm sure Harry's going to look really good and I don't want to show up in a cardigan and jeans! Because that's all that I have!"

"We really should have prepared you more for this," Hermione frowned. "How about... you take a dress of mine. I haven't worn a specific one in at least a year. I've kept it around for Ginny but she's a lot thinner than I am."

"Hermione, you're gorgeous. Don't even start on the self degradation," I told her before she started talking bad about herself. "Don't you think a dress might be too much?"

"Honestly, you're overthinking this, Hazel. Just wear this," Hermione handed me a beautiful short black dress. "I wore black tights with this but honestly... you could get away without them. It looks like it'll be longer on you."

I slipped the dress on seeing as it was just Hermione and I in the dormitory. I felt comfortable enough with her. Then I stood in front of the mirror and smiled.

"Hermione it's beautiful."

"It's yours now," Hermione scoffed. "You wear it better than I ever have."

"Mione," I blushed. "Thank you. It's really pretty."

"Now, get out there," She rubbed my back. "Don't want to keep Harry waiting."

I walked down the stairs and into the common room. Seamus Finnigan was seated across from Ron at the chess table. His cheeks turned pink when he saw me.

"Whoah," He stood. "Potter is one lucky man."

I blushed furiously. "Is it too much? It's just a dinner party... not a formal dance..."

"No, no," Seamus smiled. "No, you look really good. Like, really good. Give us a little twirl, would you?"

Little did I know, Harry was watching from the bottom of the stairs leading up into the boys' dormitory. A grin on his face as he watched me twirl and smile at the praise I was receiving.

"Blimey, Hazel," Ron scoffed. "You're glowing."

"She is," Harry wrapped his arms around me from behind. "You're stunning. I feel underdressed."

"You look very handsome, love," I kissed his cheek.

"Ready?"

"Nervous," I bit my lip but slipped my hand into his nonetheless. "But... you'll be there with me so I guess it won't be too bad."

"You're very right," Harry smiled. "What would you be worried about? You seemed excited about this before."

We began our walk to Slughorn's classroom.

"I don't know... something about... eating with a bunch of people I don't know that well makes me nervous. Really... really nervous. Harry. I don't know about this anymore," I slowed my walk to a stop in the hallway. "I feel sick. Maybe I shouldn't go. I'll... wait for you in the dormitory."

"Darling," Harry hugged me. "You're just overthinking things. I promise, once we get in there and settled down, it'll get better. I'll be right there with you the whole time. I promise," He pulled back and kissed my forehead. "This'll be a piece of cake."

"I hope so," I linked my arm into his and we continued to walk to the classroom we were supposed to be meeting in. Harry opened the door for us and shut it behind us. Thankfully, we were the first ones in the room next to Slughorn himself.

"Well, Harry! Hazel! Welcome, welcome! Please, sit down."

Harry and I took our seats at the table next to each other.