Chapter Eight: Unsuspected Heroes

tw: light adult themes and brief make out scene ; language.

"Morning, love," I greeted Harry as I sat next to him at the Gryffindor table for breakfast. "Hey, guys."

"Morning," Harry leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"You get enough sleep for the game, mate?" Ron asked Harry. "You two were out late again."

"We were," I nodded with a smile. "We don't get quality time alone much. So we took advantage of a non busy night. It was beautiful."

"I'm sure," Hermione replied. "How was the dinner party?"

"Good, good. I was nervous for nothing. It was actually quite fun, but we learned that formal just isn't our thing."

Harry chuckled a little. "Yeah, we prefer the insane ideas for dates."

"Yeah, mister 'let's sit on the roof'," I joked. "It was fun though. Thank you."

"Of course. You don't have to thank me."

Lavender Brown came up behind Ron and tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

"Good luck today, Ron," She smiled, then her gaze grew serious. "I know you'll be brilliant."

She left and Ron turned around, then gulped. "I'm resigning. After today's match... McLaggen can have my spot."

"Have it your way," Harry handed him a cup. "Juice."

Ron took it with a sigh. Then Luna, who was a few empty spots down the table from Ron. spoke in her beautifully soft voice.

"Hello everyone," I couldn't help the massive lion hat on her head. "You look dreadful, Ron. is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?"

We all turned to Harry, and he flashed the small glass vial of felix felicis.

"Liquid luck?" Hermione scoffed.

"Harry, you could be expelled for that," I told him. He turned to me and shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Ron stood up after drinking his potion spiked juice. "Come on, Harry. We've got a game to win."

The boys left to meet up with the rest of the team before the match. I sat on the other side of the table to talk with the girls. I've got something on my mind that I feel like clearing up.

"So, Ginny," I began, she looked up from her Quibbler. "You're dating Dean Thomas?"

"Yes. I am," She answered blankly. "So yes, I'll stop bothering you and Harry."

Hermione cleared her throat. "Let's not turn this into an argument. Please."

I rolled my eyes a little. "I just asked a question, Ginny. I wasn't bringing Harry and I up at all."

"But I know that's why you asked."

"Okay," Hermione stood up. "Come on. Let's go get a good spot to watch the game."

"I'm sitting with Dean," Ginny said, remaining seated at the table. So Hermione and I left together to go get bundled up for the cold, snowy game.

"Honestly, Hermione. I don't provoke her. I just asked a question."

"A question you knew wasn't your part to ask."

I sighed. "Fine. Fine."

"I'm worried about Ron and the liquid luck. Potions like that can be dangerous."