Part 32

Ashleigh's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam gasped loudly before tears filled his eyes as he looked at our son. "Liam baby? He's doing better than they thought. And so am I. We're gonna be okay." I said the last thing in hopes of pacifing him though it was hard to believe. He had to be okay. He just had to be.

Liam turned and looked at me, then the baby, then me again. He kept looking back and forth not knowing how to deal with the situation. "Look Liam, I don't wanna leave him either but we have to. I have to go back to my room now so the doctor can check and see if my bleeding has slowed down. He said it was heavier than it should be. He's going to be okay without us for a little bit. Then we'll come right back. Promise."

Liam looked at me again and this time didn't look right back at the baby. "What's his name?" His voice was more amazed at this beautiful little baby we had created than worried now.

"You think I'd name him without you? Of course not! He doesn't yet have a name." I was thinking about naming him after his daddy. "What do you think we should name him?" I asked, keeping my opinion to myself.

"I- I don't know." Liam looked like he couldn't believe we actually had a baby. I could barely believe it myself.

"How about he takes Hus daddy's name?" I smiled at his shocked expression. Then he fainted.

Great.