Up to Something [Edited]

After Hagrid took them back to the castle Roman and Blue told the other half of the group everything after they arrived at the common room.

Bluebell paces before the fire while the trio watch.

"You mean You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?" Asked Lorena, terror mixed in her voice.

Roman nods "But he's weak. The wanker's living off the unicorns."

"We had the whole thing wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll fuckin' come back." Bluebell said, exasperated.

"But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?" Lorena ask Blue, her face contorted in fear.

Blue sighs, sharing a look with Roman. "I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill me- us tonight."

"All this going on and I've been worrying about my Potions final." Scoffs Roman, slumping on the sofa.

"Hang on a minute." Said Eric. The trio glance at him. "We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard You-know- who feared the most? Dumbledore. As long as he's around, Blue, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched."

He gives her a reassuring smile and Blue smiles back and nods. "You're right."

"We should go to bed. We start exams tomorrow." Said Eric

They all nod in agreement.

"Yeah, I'm knacker." Said blue

They all gave their good night and went to their respective dorms. As the girls walk to their room Lorena asked "Do you really thing he's coming back?"

Blue stops dead in her tracks "I hope no but one could never be really sure"

◞┈┈┈⋆┈┈⊰✩⊱┈┈⋆┈┈◟

A week later, the students flock onto the sunny grounds, finished with exams. The quartet was walking through the courtyard.

"Oh thank Merlin we are done with that shit" Roman said Looking at the sky

"It wasn't that bad. Actually I rather enjoyed it." Said Eric

"You are weird Quinn." Said Roman

"I'm just really glad I'm done with history of magic. I didn't understand a word of what Mr.binns was talking in class ." Said Lorena earning nods in agreements

They turn to Bluebell who had been uncharacteristically quiet to find her touching her scar with a pain expression.

"You alright there mate?" Asked Roman, concern.

"No, my scar hurts like a bitch." Said the girl.

"It's happened before ..." said Eric

"Never like this ..."

The girl glances across the grounds at Hagrid, sitting in his front garden playing a flute. At his feet, Fang's eyes droop.

Her mind started racing "No...."

"Blue?"

Blue walks across the grounds. The trio glance at one another and rush after her.

"Blue, what are you doing?" Asked Eric "What's going on?"

"Don't ya think it's a bit fuckin' odd, that what Hagrid wants more than anythin' is a dragon? And a random person turns up who just happens to have one layin' in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?"

At Hagrid hut moments later, the giant shrugs, goes on polishing the flute-in his hand.

"Never saw 'is face. Kept 'is 'ood up"

"Didn't you stop for a moment and thought "hey, this is a bit dodgy? Maybe I shouldn't be making deals with dodgy people.... No??" Roman asks sarcastically.

"Yeh meet a lot o' unusual types in the
village. Ain't 'xactly usual meself.... This stranger, though. You and he must've talked. 'e asked what I did, the sorta creatures I look after. Told 'im after Fluffy a dragon woul be easy."

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" asked Eric

The giant shrugged and stopped cleaning his flute "Well, yeah. How many threehe'aded dogs do yeh meet, even if yeh' re in the trade? So I tells 'im, this stranger, the trick with any beast is find what calms 'em. Take Fluffy, fer example. Jus' play im a.bit o' music an' he'll go straight off ter sleep--"

Hagrid stops, horrified by his slip.

"I shouldn'ta tol' yeh that! Forget I said
it!"

The shared a look then rush away inside the castle

"'ey! Where yeh goin' ! 'ey!"

◞┈┈┈⋆┈┈⊰✩⊱┈┈⋆┈┈◟

The four Gryffindors clang through the door, Professor McGonagall looks up. They approach her desk panting, Eric used his inhaler repeatedly.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore effective Immediately." Said Roman

McGonagall look between them "I see. Well, I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. Only moments ago, he received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew off to London."

"He's can't be fuc— he can't be gone, not Now." Bluebell growls "But this is important! This is about the Philosopher Stone."

Professor McGonagall nearly drops the book in her hands "How do you know-- ·"

"Someone's going to try to knick it." said Roman.

McGonagall shakes her head "Nonsense. I don't know how you three found out about the Stone, but I assure you it.is well protected. Now, run along."

"Fuck" Eric mutter

"Language Mr. Quinn."

◞┈┈┈⋆┈┈⊰✩⊱┈┈⋆┈┈◟

Blue leads the others down the corridor.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was sodding Snape. Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy."

"And with Dumbledore gone..."

"Good afternoon." Said the dreaded voice of Snape

They freeze. Up ahead, Snape stands, studying them.

"Now what would four fine Gryffindors
such as yourselves be doing inside on such a lovely day?"

"We were just waking around sir. Nothing to worry about" blue lied with a smile

"You want to be careful. People will think you're up to something." Said snape

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you Sir?" Said blue the smile was still on her face.

Snape eyes the girl, then turns away.

"What the fuck do we do now?" Asked Roman

"Go through the trapdoor. Tonight."