THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

"All those times we were in that bathroom, and she was just three toilets away," said Blue bitterly at breakfast next day, "and we could've asked her, and now..."

It had been hard enough trying to look for spiders. They knew it wasn't exactly going to be hard to sneak into a girls bathroom, what's going to be hard is sneaking into a girl's bathroom that is right next to the scene of the first attack.

But something happened in their first lesson, Transfiguration, that drove the Chamber of Secrets out of their minds for the first time in weeks. Ten minutes into the class, Professor McGonagall told them that their exams would start on the first of June, one week from today.

"Exams?" howled Seamus Finnigan. "We're still getting exams?"

"They can't be serious can they?" Lorena says in disbelief turning to blue who had a grin expression resting on her face. "These days I can barely remember which way it's our class let alone the lessons."

"The system's corrupted." Said Blue, petting a white rabbit "Let's start a riot."

There was a loud bang behind Bluebell as Neville Longbottom's wand slipped, vanishing one of the legs on his desk.Professor McGonagall restored it with a wave of her own wand, and turned, frowning, to Seamus.

"The whole point of keeping the school open at this time is for you to receive your education," she said sternly. "The exams will therefore take place as usual, and I trust you are all studying hard." She turned to Bluebell with a hard look "And there shall not be any riots, Miss King."

"I was just sayin' " bluebell whispers, looking down at her book with a joyless expression.

Studying hard! It had never occurred to Bluebell that there would be exams with the castle in this state. There was a great deal of mutinous muttering around the room, which made Professor McGonagall scowl even more darkly.

"Professor Dumbledore's instructions were to keep the school running as normally as possible, she said. "And that, I need hardly point out, means finding out how much you have learned this year."

Bluebell looked down at the pair of white rabbits she was petting that she was supposed to be turning into slippers. What had she learned so far this year? She couldn't seem to think of anything that would be useful in an exam.

Lorena looked as though she'd just been told she had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.

"What are we supposed to do? And without Eric?" Asked Lorena, frowning in distress "I can't remember anything from this year."

Blue sighs in agreement "Yeah, and I don't think our knowledge in bewitchin' Snowballs and a couple of sticky charms count."

Lorena groans loudly and slump back on her chair, her own rabbit still intact. After a second or two she sat up straight. "Okay, no more brooding, no more forgetting things. We'll start studying today."

"Sure"

Fifteen minutes later the bell rang, by the end of the class Blue had successfully turned one rabbit into a slipper. Lorena did... but the spell was slightly weak so it only turned half of the rabbit into a slipper.

The two started to leave but just as the two were going to cross the class door to the hallways Pavarti's voice made them stop.

"Lorena" the two friends turned to her, and the girl came up to them with a book "You almost forget your Potions book."

Lorena blushed and took the book from her "Thank you, Parvati."

The two began to walk again, Blue snorted silently " I thought you weren't goin' to forget things anymore."