The Teacher and The Student

After a week, Eric was discharged and cleared to go home. If he had not pressed about it, Callie would still admit him longer at the hospital. Eric did nothing to change her mind. It was Bailey who demanded Callie to clear Eric as Eric continued to pester Bailey every time she went to his room for her rounds. (Lexie and Bailey was his doctor for his injuries.) Eric knew he insisted at the right person. He was successful at that.

Eric wanted to go on his plan of moving into an apartment. He was adamant about checking out of the hotel, but Arizona stressed that he should stay at the hotel for a while once they discharged him, since he was still recovering. He still needed weeks of recovery.

Arizona knew Eric extremely well that she perceived Eric would still go out and look for apartments the next day. She visited him that morning, cancelling her morning schedule for the day.

Westlake Hotel

"I'll meet you there," Eric said, speaking to the realtor on the phone. He moved around his room, looking for his wallet and car keys.

"... past the grocery, right before the park."

"'past the grocery, right before the park' got it," Eric took his keys right by the end table beside the TV. He paused, eyeing at the keys, "Should I... walk or use the car?"

"You can walk. You can also bring your car - it's up to you."

"Right. right," Eric uttered. Suddenly, someone knocked at the door. Eric paused and looked at the door as the knocking went on, "I'll see you," Eric ended the call. Eric stood beside the TV, narrowing his eyes at the door. He then stepped quietly towards the door and stood behind it as he took a peep outside. Arizona was standing outside, ringing the doorbell repeatedly. As he observed his friend, Arizona stopped knocking and took out her phone inside her bag, dialing a number. Expectedly, Eric's phone rang.

"I can hear your phone!" Arizona exclaimed in annoyance. Eric shook his head as he opened the door. Arizona held her phone in front of him as Eric opened the door. She realized Eric was dressed to go out. She blurted, "Ha! I knew it."

"Yeah, yeah. What are you doing here?" Eric turned and walked inside his hotel room. Arizona closed the door and followed him, putting her phone back inside her bag.

"...to check on you. I just had this feeling that you wouldn't stay in and rest," Arizona stood as she watched Eric wore his jacket, "...and... I'm right. Where are you going?"

"So, you're here to stop me?" Eric turned and looked at her.

"No," Arizona paused. A smile formed as she continued, "But, I'm coming with you."

- - - - -

"If you're going to whine about walking, you should just stay at the hotel..." He paused, "...or better yet, go to work!" Eric slammed the car door.

"Hey! Careful! What's the point of resting when you plan on walking... from the hotel to the apartment?" Arizona put on the seatbelt. Eric reluctantly went inside Arizona's car and put on the seatbelt as well.

"It's a 6 minute drive, Arizona," Eric answered, "Besides, moving will make me recover faster. - heard about active recovery, Dr. Robbins?"

Arizona glanced at the back as she drove out of the parking spot. She looked in front and put the car in neutral before she answered her friend, "Shut up... not talking to Dr. Keaton. I am talking to my stubborn friend," Arizona said. "I come along to make sure you won't put yourself in danger again..."

"Again??" He faced up, pondering.

"... so, shut up and let me drive you," She talked quickly, with a smile on her face, Eric's mouth gaped in confusion and amusement.