Talk About Last Night

Joe had finished wiping the newly washed mugs and put it under the counter. He smirked as he looked at Eric, waiting for Lexie as she went to the toilet. He stepped closer, putting down the towel before leaning on the counter. Eric doubled back as he caught the bartender staring at him weirdly.

"What?"

Joe shifted his eyes around before he uttered with a smile, "Nothing."

Cristina walked towards the bar, signaling Joe as she put down three empty mugs, "Hey, Joe. Here," She saw Eric sitting behind the bar as she looked around, "Hey."

Eric looked at her and greeted, "Yang," He paused, as he glanced behind her. He continued, "Alone?"

"N — no," She shook her head, "I'm with Mer and Alex — actually we're about to leave, uh," She stopped, noticing the several shot glasses lined in front of him, "so, you're drinking alone?"

"No, I..."

"He's with Dr. Grey," Joe interjected.

"Lexie?" Cristina turned to look at Eric as he took it with a glare, "Oh," she sneered, "Oh."

"Oh?" Eric narrowed his eyes, "What? Nothing's going on."

"Uh-huh."

Meredith arrived. She walked towards the group, "Uh, what's taking you so long? Alex's waiting —" She noticed the smirks on Joe and Cristina faces, as Eric scowled on them, "W-what's...?" She chortled, "...going on?"

"He's having drinks with Lexie."

Meredith looked at Cristina, "Oh," she exhaled, shoulders tensed as she repeated, looking at Eric, "Oh? Lexie's here with you," Her pitch raised at the end of her sentence, smiling through clenched teeth.

Eric knew what Meredith's reaction meant. He faced her, exhaling as he turned. Eric then
answered, "She asked me to celebrate with her."

"Oh, right," Meredith nodded and looked at Cristina, "The ex-vivo surgery."

"Wait? I should be with you too," Cristina paused, "I'm with Lexie on that surgery."

"Right," Eric added, "Well, Alexandra's my friend so..."

"And I'm not," she continued, "oh well, you're right. She's 'your friend and your roommate'," Cristina implied as she stifled her laugh at the end.

Eric glared at her, realizing she was taunting him with his own words, "You're making fun of me — I know you're making fun of me."

"No. No. Why would I?" Cristina then cackled.

Eric rubbed his forehead as he brought his head down, "Ugh, kill me now."

Meredith pulled Cristina away as she continued to laugh, "Come on, let's leave him alone, okay," Meredith glanced back at Eric and said, "Good night."

Eric waved goodbye as Meredith and Cristina walked towards Alex, who was waiting for them by the door. Eric watched them until they stepped out. He then glowered back at Joe, hearing him snickering behind the bar, "I told you, nothing's going on."

"I hear you the first time, jesus!" Joe replied as he walked to the other side of the bar, "Don't get too defensive."

"I'm not defensive," Eric stood up and leaned on the counter, trying to relay his retort to Joe, "Why would I get defensive?"

"Hey," Lexie suddenly spoke, pulling her chair before she sat.

Eric got startled and immediately sat back in his chair, clumsily. It took a moment before he turned his head to face Lexie in embarrassment. He looked at her as she took out the almond skins off the bowl.