Staying or Leaving Seattle Grace

"I'm very pleased to introduce to you the heads of the surgical team who made this groundbreaking medical procedure possible - Dr. Mark Sloan, Dr. Derek Shepherd, Dr. Calliope Torres and Dr. Eric Keaton," Richard Webber said, introducing the attendings that led the leg transplantation surgery.

"Are we going to let Mark Sloan speak to the press?" Callie Torres whispered to Derek, "I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Well..." Derek looked at Mark, who was walking towards the microphone. He hesitated. Derek glanced at Callie and sighed, "He can do it."

"We would like to commend all the residents and surgical staff who are instrumental in this success. But, of course, us," Gesturing at the four attendings present in front of the press, "...with our combined talents and expertise to put them to work... Well - Me." Mark paused and grinned.

Callie grinned awkwardly, and gestured Derek to intervene, "... That's your cue." in singsong.

Mark continued, "... This medical breakthrough, as all of you are putting it..."

Derek went beside Mark and interjected, "...would not... be possible, if not for Dr. Eric Keaton, for his work and his perseverance," Derek smiled and wrap his arm on Mark's shoulder.

"That's what I'm going to say, Doctor Shepherd..." Mark said as he clenched his teeth, glaring at Derek.

At the sidelines, Dr. Bailey is watching the press interview with Dr. Webber. "You still thinking this is a good idea?" Dr. Webber looked at Bailey, "... them monkeys."

Mark continued as Derek let go, "He has pioneered the procedure, did all the groundwork and enabled us to use our talents to make history. It is only fitting that he himself would share the details of the surgery... Doctor." Dr. Keaton walked towards the microphone and started talking.

"Good morning. The patient, male, 28 years old, was involved in a car accident that caused upper leg amputation on both legs. The patient decided on double leg transplantation. Months of therapy both psychological and physical are done. Simultaneously, the surgical team is trained and prepared for the surgery. The patient was then confined here at Seattle Grace Hospital. As soon as we found the possible donor, the patient is prepped for the surgery. We transplant the donor legs on the patient. Dr. Shepherd and I reconnected the blood vessels and nerves under the microscope, ensuring blood circulation..."

Eric move aside as Callie walked forward.

"...The bones, muscle and other tissues are reconnected by Dr. Sloan and I. The procedure lasted for 13 hours. Of course extensive physical and psychological therapy are still needed after the surgery. Immunosuppressant medication are also prescribed," Dr. Callie Torres added.

The press conference concluded with Dr. Webber's remarks.

- - - - -

After the press conference, the four surgeons greeted and shook hands with the press.

"Eric?" Eric turned around to see who was calling him. He recognized Arizona Robbins as she move towards him, "Eric!"

"Arizona Robbins?" Arizona hugged him.

"I thought that is you," Arizona continued.

"You're working here at Seattle Grace? Why did I never see you?"

"I'm super busy with my department..." Arizona paused, "I just became chief."

"Wait. You two know each other?" Callie asked, eyebrows furrowed.