The McHell Week: The Blue Corner...

Three days had passed since the merger between Seattle Grace and Mercy West. The only people thrilled with the merger were Richard, Callie, and the Mercy West hospital staff. Seattle Grace personnel, specifically its surgical residents, felt threatened. Looking at the orange scrubs-wearing residents, they came up with a plan. - To take all the surgeries from them as they can.

On her first day, Callie felt ecstatic. Working back at Seattle Grace meant being close to both her girlfriend and her best friend. As the days went on, Callie had understood why Derek dreaded the merger. Before, she assumed he was just overreacting. -The fact that the merger was Richard's idea. Callie, then, had been pissed at Derek. Callie had considered the merger a blessing, but after working for three days with these maniacal surgical residents competing for surgeries, the blessing was quickly turning into a curse. The ecstasy she felt was now coming down.

Morning
Hospital Lobby

Alex and Charles were scheduled on Callie's service. The two residents quarreled about who's going to hold the charts. - A typical day now when the residents fight over for just holding the charts. Callie narrowed her eyes, staring blankly away from the two residents arguing in front of her. She rolled her eyes as she turned towards the counter, reaching for the charts. As their voices grew louder, Callie got more annoyed. She gave charts on both residents, slamming it on their hands. Callie gave them a challenge – whoever determined the better diagnosis gets to be in the surgery with her. If no one got it right, she'll do the surgery alone.

Callie narrowed her eyes in frustration as she walked with them through the lobby. Maybe she should not have started that little competition. It was still morning, but Callie's energy for the day was already at a dangerous limit. The residents got more winded. And it's more annoying, more frustrating, and more exhausting. Callie sighed heavily, trying to walk faster now, keeping the two residents away from her. At least now, she's not hearing those two argue for the nth time.

Eric went inside the hospital, carrying his overnight bag. Two days before the merger, he went to LA for a consult - a personal request from Addison Montgomery. Eric would have been back at Seattle during the merger, but he stayed a couple of days more. His phone rang on his last day - a phone call from Derek Shepherd, asking him when he'll be back.

Eric stopped as he saw Callie walked past the lobby floor with Alex and someone wearing an orange scrub.

Callie turned towards Eric. It was a while before she realized that it's Eric, beaming at her. As she recognized her friend, her narrowed eyes relaxed and widened. Her grouchy face went calm. Callie grinned widely, copying him.

Callie ran towards Eric, leaving behind the two residents.

"Welcome back!" Callie greeted as she stood in front of him.

"What did I miss?" He adjusted his bag on his shoulder, glancing at the orange absurdness behind Callie.

Callie followed his stare leading to the two residents. She groaned, "Uh... Merger? Ring any bell?" Callie looked back at Eric. Her mouth slacked and eyes widened. Eric tilted his head and pursed his lips, trying to remember, "What?! Are you kidding me?"

He smiled tentatively and grew as the answer sank in, "Fuckin' hell! Yes," He laughed and stifled it, noticing Callie's reaction, "I don't - sorry. Just -" Eric stared at Callie as she frowned, crossing her arms. "I need to go change. Derek's been ringing me nuts since LA... thinking I might abandon him for Addison." He chuckled, "You're busy. I'll leave you to it, then."

Callie yanked him back as he walked away, "Don't leave me with these fools," She turned around and pointed at the two residents, "You two, go find something to do at the pit!" She yelled. She faced Eric, plucking the bag off his hand.