The McHell Week: Not the Apples

The Next Day

Reed Adamson had been one of the Mercy West residents who didn't want to turn down a fight. So when Seattle Grace residents started this little immature competition of sharking surgeries from the other residents, Reed Adamson had always been the first who used her fangs.

When Reed had heard about the little commotion between Lexie and April - when Lexie stole April's notebook, she set her sight at the second year resident. Then yesterday, Reed experienced how Eric would choose her over any other residents - Over her. Today, Reed decided to get even. Reed smirked as a plan brewed inside her mind. If she can't make the attending give up on her, maybe let Lexie chose not to work with Eric.

Reed noticed Lexie at the lounge. She followed Lexie as she walked towards the hall and out of the Resident's lounge

"Hey, Dr. Grey," Reed called Lexie. Lexie looked behind her and saw Reed, the resident at the clinic the other day.

"Yes?" Lexie asked.

"Reed Anderson. April's friend. I heard about the notebook..." Lexie rolled her eyes as she turned away and continued to walk, ignoring Reed.

Reed followed her, "So... have you always been on Dr. Keaton's service..." Reed chuckled. Lexie listened as Reed continued, "I can't help but wonder... I mean... are you two..."

"What?" Lexie stopped, "What are you implying?" She asked.

"Well, isn't it unfair for you to get all his surgeries just because you're sleeping with him?" Reed implied.

"I'm not!" Lexie exclaimed, "We're not even friends, I..."

"I guess I could do one, too. Maybe I could be someone's favorite then?" Reed commented, grinning.

Lexie was about to retort when her pager beeped 911 at the pit. She left Reed as she dashed away towards the elevator. Lexie stared at Reed. Reed let out a sly smirk at her as the elevator doors closed.

Emergency Room

"Why are you keeping me away from the patient?" Lexie blurted as April blocked her off, waiting for Eric.

"He's not your patient. It's Dr. Keaton's,"

"And I'm on his service so move away!"

"Wow," April blurted out, "as usual..." April commented. Lexie arched her brow at her comment.

- - - - -

"Who paged me?" Eric called out. He went towards the nurses' station to get gloves and repeated louder, "Who paged?"

The nurse pointed him towards Lexie and April. Eric looked to where the nurse was pointing at. He saw the two surgeons arguing. Eric closed his eyes. He sighed deeply, trying to appreciate his last seconds of peace. He continued walking towards the two surgeons, wearing the latex gloves. As he wore the second glove, April Kepner noticed Eric and ran towards him. He moved closer, staring at her as April skipped closer - Is she... skipping? He wondered.

"Hi, Dr. Keaton," April said, with her yippy voice, "I'm April... April Kepner," She extended her hand in front of him. Eric stared at her hand and then at her face, seeing April's grin. Eric looked away and walked through April Kepner.

"You're talking to me?" Eric whispered as he finished wearing the glove, moving away from Kepner and towards the gurney.

April quickly turned around and followed Eric. April continued, still with a big smile spread across her face, "I - uhm read about your techniques in hand and leg transplantation. And also, your paper on DBS as a foundation for making a brain pacemaker..." Lexie watched her as she giddily babbled towards the neurosurgeon.