BRUSH YOUR TEETH

"Seriously? You have so many other problems to deal with and you chose to waste your time following me?"

She scoffed and took a sip of her drink. She looked up from her booth to see Stiles and Derek standing in front of her with their arms crossed.

Stiles awkwardly glanced between Derek and her, "We thought you might do something evil."

Derek raised his eyebrows, "We?"

"Okay, maybe it was mostly me."

She gestured to the food in her hand, "I'm eating pizza. Does that look evil to you?"

"Depends," Stiles said, clapping his hands together, "Does it have pineapple on it?"

She glared and tossed the slice back into the box. She wiped her hands off on a napkin and slid out of the booth, making the both of them back away.

"Are you going to trail me the whole day?"

"We need your help," Derek stated.

"Four words I'm really starting to hate."

He rolled his eyes and roughly grabbed her arm. He started to pull her out the door of the restaurant, Stiles following behind them.

She let him drag her back out to his car. Stiles went to get in the front seat but she stopped him. She winked at him as she slid into the seat herself.

He grumbled under his breath and got into the back. Derek started the car and began driving towards the sheriffs station.

"My dad couldn't find any evidence of who was sitting in that seat but he did find this."

He pulled an evidence bag out from his backpack. He handed it to her and she looked inside.

"A ticket stub?" she scoffed, "So?"

"We can see the list of people who saw the movie the night of the murder."

"That's still a long list."

"But it will narrow it down," he defended.

She rolled her eyes and stopped arguing with him. He kept rambling about the plan he made to convince his dad to let him see private records. Both her and Derek ignored him.

They came to a stop at an empty intersection. But the second that they both turned to look at Stiles, their heads were knocked together as a car came crashing into the side of theirs.

Maia heard Stiles shout loudly as the car spun in circles and flipped over. Glass flew in her face and she felt her limbs hit the roof of the car.

As soon as the vehicle stopped moving, she tried to regain her balance. The spinning caused her vision to go dizzy and the world around her swayed.

She could hear Derek's groans beside her but nothing came from Stile. She felt the red liquid ooze down her forehead and hit her eyes. She brought her hand up to wipe it off.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked with a strain in his voice.

She nodded slowly and looked around. The car was tipped over completely so that they were upside down. She looked over her shoulder to see Stiles was drifting in and out of consciousness.

"We need to get out," she advised.

She unclipped her seatbelt and fell onto her back. She grunted as she landed, but was able to pull herself back up. She kicked the door off the hinges easily and crawled out.

She stayed on her hands and knees as she tried to stay in control. She could feel her adrenaline rushing and her wolf side was emerging. She had to keep it down if she was going to help the pair.

But as she panted for breath, she looked up with squinted eyes and saw a blurry figure approach her slowly. Her vision was too wacky to see their features but she could tell it was male.

Before she could stand up, a foot connected with her stomach. She flew up and over the car, landing on Derek's side. She rolled to a stop.

Derek kicked his door open and stared at her, pulling himself to his knees.

"Alpha?"

She grunted and pushed up on her elbows. She nodded in annoyance, "Alpha."

She shook her head to try and focus her vision. Derek ripped off the back door and pulled Stiles out. He roughly tossed him onto the pavement, causing a groan to emit from Stiles' mouth.

As Maia got to her feet, Derek was knocked off his. He was tossed into her, knocking her back down. Derek landed on top of her, crushing her body.

"Just let me stand!" she shouted angrily.

She shoved Derek to the side and stood. She searched for the alpha, finding a fully shifted wolf standing on top of the car. It's red eyes glowered at her fiercely.

She growled and bared her fangs, jumping up to meet it. The wolf met her in the air and grabbed her. Its claws dug into her arms and directed them to the other side of the car.

It pinned her down on her back. It's slobber dripped onto her face and she made a disgusted sound, trying to pull away from their hold.

"God, brush your teeth!"

She hiked her knee up and pushed them away. They whimpered as their body hit the ground a few feet away.

She sat up and wiped off the saliva on her face. She wrinkled her nose and got up.

Derek heard the commotion and jumped over the car, bringing the alpha back down. Maia pushed herself back up and joined the fight.

Derek and her attacked from both sides. If Derek kicked in one direction, she punched in the other. But the alpha got the upper hand when Stiles joined the fight.

He only provided a distraction for the pair since he was only human. When they tried to protect him, the alpha sent both of them flying. Maia flew over the car and out of sight again.

Once she stopped moving, she sat still and laid on the ground tiredly. She panted and looked up at the sky, "I just wanted pizza."

She turned her head to the side and looked at the wrecked car. Silver metal glinted from the seat she was previously in, laying on the crushed glass.

She pulled herself up and scrambled closer. She pulled the metal out of the car and straightened up, brandishing it.

Meanwhile, Derek and Stiles had both been tossed to the ground. They laid next to each other in pain.

The alpha creeped forward, baring its fangs and glowering. As it got closer, the pair both tried to move back by crawling on their elbows.

"Derek, do something!" Stiles shouted.

The man stuttered for an excuse as the alpha jumped at them. But as it was in the air, Maia swung at it with all her might. It howled in pain as it flew over to the other wrecked car.

She watched it land behind the vehicle, obscuring it from their view. She blew out a short breath before turning back to them.

Stiles noticed the metal that rested on her shoulder casually after being swung.

"Is that my bat?"

She glanced at him before looking at the item he pointed to. She nodded and gestured towards Derek, "Took your advice. Stole it the other night."

"I was wondering where it went!"

She pulled the both of them to their feet. When they made sure they were both okay, the trio carefully approached the other vehicle, wondering where the alpha was.

But as they rounded the corner, there was no body, wolf or otherwise.

They all let go of the breath they were holding. As they searched the wreckage of the area, Stiles tried to lighten the mood,

"I want my bat back."

---