MAGIC WORDS

"Is it odd that a mass murderer is cooking us breakfast?"

"I would say yes but it's Beacon Hills so it's not surprising."

Both Stilinski men curiously watched from the doorway as Maia whisked eggs and flipped pancakes. She expertly moved around the kitchen, seeming to know where everything was.

"Are evil people supposed to be good at making food?"

Maia sighed, "Once again, I'm not evil. I'm morally questionable."

Both men went red in the cheeks as they were caught. She had obviously been eavesdropping, unable to drown out her supernatural hearing.

She turned around with a wide smile and placed three plates down on the small table. She gestured for them to sit down, which they hesitantly did.

She sat in her own chair before scooping up some eggs from the plate she'd set out. The sheriff and Stiles watched as she casually ate. She acted as if she had been living with them for years.

"Did you poison this?"

"Stiles!" his father chided.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she did!" he defended.

She smiled and bit down on her bacon, "If I was going to kill you, it would be by tearing out your throat."

She innocently sipped her coffee as the Stilinski's looked between each other.

"Is that a no?"

"I didn't poison your breakfast, Stiles," she answered. He softly sighed in relief and picked up his glass, taking a small sip.

"Your coffee maybe," she muttered.

His eyes went wide and he turned to the side, spitting the coffee out. The sheriff jumped in surprise and set down his own cup.

She laughed, "Kidding."

Stiles furiously turned to her. He wiped his mouth and glared. Seeing her smirk made her want to punch her in the face.

He got up and placed his dishes in the sink. He stormed away and back towards his room, muttering curses under his breath.

"Oh come on, that was funny!" she yelled after him.

"No it wasn't!"

They heard his door slam.

She laughed to herself and turned her mischievous expression towards the sheriff. The man desperately tried to be polite.

"So...how do you like Beacon Hills so far?"

She shrugged, "Haven't really seen much of it."

"Well I'm sure Stiles would be happy to take you around," he offered.

She scoffed and stood up from her seat. She pushed her chair in and stopped briefly in front of the man, "I think we both know that's a lie."

She patted his shoulder, hitting a little to roughly for his tolerance, "Have a nice day at work, Sheriff."

She turned around and walked back upstairs. She didn't bother knocking on Stiles' door before opening it.

"Woah, hey!" he shouted. He scrambled to put a shirt on his bare chest as he tried to keep himself covered from her, "There's this thing called knocking!"

She rolled her eyes and flopped down on his bed as he buttoned up his flannel. She inspected his whiteboard again as he got ready for school.

"I'm bored," she stated.

"Not my problem."

"You know what I like to do when I get bored? I hunt and kill."

"That's a great hobby."

She pointedly met his gaze and he stopped. His mouth formed an o-shape as he realized what she was implying, "You meant people, didn't you?"

"Obviously."

He sighed and zipped up his bag, "Well, just stay here and watch tv. Or take up a new hobby that doesn't involve murder."

"You're supposed to be helping me too, you know," she reminded, "Scott and I had a deal and he doesn't seem to appear to be helping me."

"We're a little busy at the moment."

He was barely even listening to her talk as he fiddled with his shirt in front of the mirror. He was making a half disgusted face as he examined what he looked like.

She rolled her eyes again and pushed herself off the bed. She moved to his open closet and pulled out another flannel. She tossed it to him, hitting his face.

He caught it and glared before examining it. He shrugged and slipped the new one on, finding it to match better. He mumbled a small thanks before hurrying to tie his shoes.

"Look Stilinski, I'm here for my own self interest and I haven't actually gotten anything yet. So tell your best bud to start paying up."

He sighed and stopped his movements for a moment. He faced her straight on, "Okay. We can't help you while we're at school but maybe the Derek can. I'll have him pick you up soon and you guys can work on whatever ritual thing you want to complete."

"I don't need Derek. I need Scott."

"Well tough tater tots."

She scoffed as he slung his backpack over his shoulder and rushed out of the room. She was quick on his heels, chasing him until he got into his car.

"You're not leaving me here," she stated.

"Oh yes. I am."

She flicked her claws out and held them threateningly to his face as he slammed the car door shut.

"I have claws and I'm not afraid to slash your tires with them."

He gasped, "That's too far! Threatening my Jeep is too far!"

She reached over the door and grabbed the collar of his shirt. He yelped as his upper half was jerked as close to her as he could be.

"Okay okay!" he calmed, "I told you I can't do anything until after school. Derek is the best you get right now."

On cue, a car parked on the sidewalk next to the house. Derek got out and moved next to the pair, poking his head in through the other window.

"Oh perfect. He's already here," Stiles cheered, "Gotta go."

"Actually, I need to talk to you," Derek stated.

Stiles laughed awkwardly, "No thanks. I'd prefer to make my escape now while I still can."

He started the engine of his car quickly and backed up. The two wolves watched in disbelief as the Jeep squealed down the street.

They finally turned to face each other and both glared. They crossed their arms at the same time, which annoyed them more.

"You just waltzed your way in here, didn't you?" he scoffed.

She sent him a teasing smile, "I didn't just waltz. I salsa-d."

He rolled his eyes.

"Stiles said you would help me today," she stated.

"Not interested."

He turned to walk back to his car but she snatched his arm. His gaze flickered between her hand and her face, questioning her touch. But she didn't let go.

"Let me rephrase that: you will help me today."

He faked a smile, "What's the magic word?"

She narrowed her eyes,

"I don't say please."

---