DEREK DOESN'T FLIRT

"Are you going to keep staring or are you going to compliment me?"

Derek cleared his throat, "You don't look totally terrible."

She shrugged, "I'll take it."

Her heels clicked as she strutted towards him. He pushed himself off the side of the car and opened her door for her. She slid in and he shut the door behind her.

She glanced over her shoulder and saw Scott and Liam in the backseat. Derek started the drive downtown to the party while Scott went over the plan.

"Malia and Kira will set these up around the building."

He held up one of emitters. She took it in her hands and examined it, "This tiny thing?"

Scott tilted his head and pressed the on button. All four of them grimaced as the high frequency pierced their ears. He quickly shut it off again after Derek almost veered off the road.

"Okay, I get it," she groaned, shaking out her ears, "Small stick, loud noise."

She handed it back to him and he leaned back in his seat. She dug through her purse in search for her lipstick. She pulled the mirror down and applied it, catching all three of them staring at her from behind.

"Argent will monitor the entrance from his car while the rest of us blend into the party."

"What about Stiles?" Derek asked.

"He's leaving the hospital now. He'll meet us later."

He nodded and they all rested in silence until they reached the warehouse.

They could see the multicolored lights flash from the few windows. The music vibrated through the ground, thumping loudly.

They got out of the car and stood at the entrance. Malia and Kira were already waiting for them.

Malia looked Maia up and down, "You look nice."

"Thank you," Maia said with a smile. She turned to Derek and nudged his side, "That's how you compliment someone."

He rolled his eyes and pushed them inside. They were shoulder to shoulder once they moved into the main party area.

"I can't see anything from here!" Malia shouted over the noise.

"Spread out!" Scott instructed, "Two people on the dance floor and the others on the edge!"

Maia grabbed Liam by the wrist and pulled him to the center before anyone could take the spot. The others faded into the crowd.

He grumbled and protested but she couldn't hear him over the music. She stopped them and faced him straight on.

She began to sway her hips and bounce to the beat. Her body rolled and she ran her hands down the length of it, causing many guys to ogle her. She tangled her hair and flipped it over, adding flair.

The crowd thinned towards the edges. New people who joined the party entered, passing through the dance floor. Their position gave them an advantage to find the alpha if they passed by.

Liam awkwardly scratched his neck and bounced on his toes lightly, "Um...why am I here?"

"To dance," she replied, "Obviously."

She took his hands and told him to let loose. He did the opposite and instead tensed at her hold. She moved him back and forth. He eventually let the music take control. He started to dance more willingly and she let go of his hands.

The two of them danced to the beat. They let free and loose, smiles gracing their faces.

They barely noticed that an hour had passed by. But when the music rested between songs, Liam excused himself, going to get a drink.