OFF TO HELL WE GO

"Gently!"

"I know, Lydia."

Both her and Stiles tensed up in anticipation as Scott flicked his claws out. He stood behind Maia and moved her hair away from the back of her neck.

He took a deep breath and inched his claws closer. Maia, whose duct tape had been removed, smirked and stared at the rest of them.

They were clearly on the edge of their seats, waiting for something to go wrong. She enjoyed their anxiousness, soaking it in.

Just as she felt Scott's claws graze her skin, she shouted.

"Boo!"

Everyone jumped.

Stiles fell back in a panicky, defensive mode. He stumbled into Lydia, who had also been scared. She pressed a hand to her heart, feeling it beat wildly.

Stiles tried to play cool and he cleared his throat. He straightened himself out and pressed his lips into a thin line, looking at their curious faces as they watched him.

"I'm cool," he stated nonchalantly.

He rolled his shoulders out and glanced at Malia to make sure he still looked like a tough boyfriend. She rolled her eyes and glanced back at Maia.

Meanwhile, Scott had jumped back and retracted his hand. Derek worriedly checked to see if he had scraped Maia but she was fine.

In fact, she was carelessly laughing at them. She hadn't spoken but her laughs were enough to annoy them. If it was really Maia, they would've enjoyed the joyous sounds.

But it wasn't, so they taped her mouth shut.

Once the tension had settled again, Scott cautiously grabbed her shoulder to steady himself. He exhaled slowly before just going for it, sliding his claws into the back of her neck.

Both of the alphas arched back and their eyes rolled. Scott's mind was instantly flooded with memories that weren't his. He felt pain that he shouldn't have been experiencing.

Every memory and every sound was a slow and agonizing torture. He felt every wound and every infliction of pain. Even though it was only mere seconds, he'd experienced a portion of Maia's life.

He abruptly let go. His claws retracted and slipped out of her neck. They both gasped and their eyes flew open again.

Scott stumbled back into the wall behind him. Kira rushed forward to keep him standing as he struggled to readjust to his surroundings.

Maia was also rattled. Her breathing was erratic and her chest heaved for any air it could gather. Derek could hear her heart go wild.

"What happened?" he asked Scott.

The alpha stuttered for his words. He also struggled for breath. His hands clasped around Kira's shoulders to steady himself.

"I couldn't get to her."

Maia suddenly stopped shaking. Any fear or panic that filled her eyes disappeared once more.

Void had returned.

Even though they couldn't see her lips behind the tape, they could feel the smirk on her face. Her eyes gleamed with mischief and amusement. Her eyes were cold and merciless, reveling once more in their defeat.

"We need a divine move or something," he clarified, "But not this."

At Scott's declaration and Maia's reversion, Stiles snapped, "This is our divine move! She's already won the whole freaking game!"