BROODING SILENCE

"That's all you got?"

The alpha cackled as he wiped the blood from his lower lip. He watched Scott pull himself up to his feet after being knocked into a tree.

The boy was wobbling, unable to see clearly. He clutched his side where he was sure a few broken ribs were.

"You don't need to do this," he reasoned, holding out his hand for surrender.

The alpha ignored him and punched his face. Scott stumbled as the other man backed away and paced in front of him.

"When I heard about a true alpha in Beacon Hills, I thought it would be a challenge."

He clapped his hands together, "But then I come to learn that he has a no killing policy! What kind of alpha are you if you don't have a little blood on your hands?"

He moved closer and kicked Scott to the ground again. The boy fell on his stomach, his face pressed against the dirt.

He coughed uncontrollably and tried to push himself back up. But the alpha pressed the heel of his shoe into Scott's back.

The true alpha laid tiredly on the ground. His muscles were too worn and beaten to try fighting. He knew that escaping was out of the question, since he couldn't muster enough strength to even get up. But there was another alternative.

"I challenge you."

At the statement, the alpha released the pressure from Scott's back and stepped away.

"You what?" he scoffed.

"I challenge you," he repeated.

He used every ounce of strength to pull himself into his knees. The alpha watched in disbelief as the boy turned his bloody face towards him.

"Right here, right now," he panted, "If I win, you leave Beacon Hills. If you win-"

"I can kill you."

Scott caught his breath, exhaling sharply, "Exactly."

The alpha shrugged and jumped at him. Scott was surprised and he managed to defend one attack but was thrown to the side almost instantly.

He groaned loudly while the alpha barely broke a sweat. Scott got back up, only through the assistance of the alpha. But once the man's hand was wrapped around Scott's shirt, he punched the boy in the face.

He fell back into the dirt with a thump. The alpha scoffed and shook his head. Anger was flaming, insulted that he was given this competition.

"You aren't even worth fighting," he sneered, "Find me someone who can really challenge me and you've got a deal."

He grinned evilly, "Until then...Beacon Hills is about to become a lot bloodier."

-

"He just let you go?"

"Not exactly."

Scott winced as he sat up from the table. Deacon pushed him back down, claiming that he needed rest. The pack watched with pained eyes as their alpha laid back down.