TOUGH GUY

"What are you doing?"

"Leaving," she replied simply.

She slipped her shirt over her head. Derek propped himself up on his elbows and turned on his side. He made sure the blanket was still covering his lower half, even when he had his boxers on.

"You know, people usually stay the night after sleeping together."

She furrowed her brows, "Why?"

"It's just a thing."

He awkwardly shifted over to make room. She pursed her lips before slowly sitting back down on the edge of the bed. She laid back down and cleared her throat.

They laid side by side with no contact. The silence was awkward and dull. She sighed and drummed her fingers along her side.

After about a minute of laying side by side, she launched back out of the bed.

"Yeah, no," she shook her head, "This doesn't work for me."

She found her jeans on the floor and pulled them on. Derek sighed and sat up, swinging his leg over the edge.

"One of these days, we're gonna get caught," she stated, glancing over her shoulder.

She fixed her hair and buttoned her jeans.

"It's only been about two weeks," he reminded.

"Two weeks where the both of us sneak into each other's homes late at night and sleep together," she laughed, "Ten bucks says Stiles will be the first one to find out."

As if on cue, the door to her room burst open without so much as a single knock. Both Derek and Maia looked over as the intruder stopped in their tracks.

Stiles' eyes widened. He frantically glanced between both of them. His hand slowly raised to point at them.

Maia and Derek waited casually for him to react. The latter smirked, "I guess I owe you ten bucks."

Stiles' mouth fell open and shut again several times. He couldn't think of words to say to describe the feeling he got from catching them.

"You..." he breathed, pointing at Maia, "And him?"

His face scrunched in disgust, "In my house?"

Maia picked up her shoes and stepped next to him. She patted his shoulder, "Yep. Take it in buddy."

She winked and moved past him, leaving the room. Stiles stuttered to reply but ended up looking back at Derek.

The man got up from the bed and pulled on his pants. Stiles stood confounded as Derek smirked.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Stiles asked, "I mean, it's Maia. You...and Maia."

"If you want to give me the overprotective speech, don't bother," he stated, "I couldn't even hurt her if I tried."

-

The pack scheduled a meeting at the lacrosse field. Liam and Scott had been practicing when Stiles informed them that his dad found more bodies.

Once the whole pack was all there, they gathered by the bleachers. Scott and Liam were sweaty and leaning against their lacrosse sticks. Kira sat beside her boyfriend while Malia and Stiles sat close together.

Derek sat one bleacher behind Maia, propping his foot up on her seat. Lydia slowly lowered herself down next to Maia.

"Hey," she greeted, "How are you feeling?"