POINT OF VIEW

"Dead end. Dead end. Dead end. Oh, wait...dead end."

Maia faked a smile and threw the file back down on the table, "Happy yet?"

Stiles and her glared at each other underneath the fake amusement.

The whole pack was gathered at Derek's loft trying to figure out who had attacked them. They weren't able to get a scent but they did find a little bit of evidence in the car left behind.

"You've got an AP calculus book and a broken shot glass," Lydia stated, "I agree with Maia. This doesn't really tell us anything."

"It tells us it's a teenager, probably a senior!" Stiles argued.

"I did AP calc freshman year," she defended, "Even if it was a student, that leaves all of Beacon Hills high school to search."

"Or it could be a parent with a kid," Scott added.

"Or a teacher."

"Or-"

"Okay!" Stiles shouted, "I get it."

He tiredly rested his hands against the table and hung his head. Scott patted his back reassuringly.

"The sheriff said that the car was rented," he informed, "That must mean that there's a payment record."

Stiles shook his head, "He already checked. It was paid in cash and the name used was an alias."

Maia laughed and hopped up to sit on the table, "I'm impressed. This guy isn't an amateur."

She glanced up at Derek, who was the person standing next to her. She noticed his grim features and nudged him with her boot. He scowled but had to contain his smile as he looked at her contagious one.

"Is there anything else we can use?" Scott asked.

"Nothing other than the ticket stub Stiles has."

The boy pulled it out of his backpack and tossed it into the pile. Everyone tiredly looked at the growing evidence but no one had any other theories.

"What do we do now?" Liam asked, turning to his alpha.

Scott sighed and shrugged his shoulders, "There's nothing wrong can do until we get a better clue. Until then...I guess we just keeping living."

"You mean go to school and pretend none of this is happening?" Malia scoffed. He nodded sullenly but tried to provide some optimism.

"And while we're working, Maia and Derek can continue trying to solve this."

The pair both raised their eyebrows. Maia looked over her shoulder to see him from her position on the table, "Excuse me? I'll be helping you?"

"That was our deal."

"I agreed to help you so long as you help me. So far, I've been attacked and ran over with a car. Yet I haven't gotten any compensation for my troubles."

"We'll help you when the threat is gone," he assured.

"How do we know she's not the real threat?" Kira whispered.

"I'll be more of a threat if you don't start holding up your end of the deal," Maia seethed.

Scott held his hands up in surrender, seeing the sharp glow of red in her eyes.

"Okay, Derek told us you were looking for a talisman. We'll find whatever research we can on it while you work with Derek."

He gestured towards his beta, "Liam and his friend Mason can try and find it. The rest of us will deal with alpha research."