Royal AU: Prince Remus x Royal Reader: Trade

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you like this, I've had the idea for a very long time but have been so nervous if people would like it, starting the cringe thing made me realize just how much potential my draft had for here, so here you go. I actually really like this one. Please keep comments clean and Patton friendly!

please let me know if you want a part 2!

warning: stabbing, character death, grief, screaming, depictions of war/raids, descriptions of character dying in readers arms, angst, implications of depression, angry Roman, Remus being Remus-y

you gasped for air, bolting out the doors into the chaotic battle field, running fast, your hair messy, stress and worry evident on yoru face as you ran, Roman screamed at you to stop behind, his sword drawn as he ran at you, but it was no use.

you rounded the bend, your eyes scanning for him, as Roman ran behind, his hands finally grabbing your wrist, as your eyes widened, a scream leaving your throat as you watched in horror at the sight in front of you.

Janus black sword, as it pierced Emile's abdomen, the way all three of the dark Prince's heads turned towards you, as Roman tired to pull you behind him, trying to protect you, but you merely ran, kneeling, sobbing, next to your best friend

there Emile laid, soft, pained breaths, as his skin grew cold. his eyes blinking slowly as you grasped his hand, begging him to come back, to stay. this was never the plan. he was meant to be your advisor, your confidant, maybe more... to live, not to die in your arms, however life isn't the way you plans, and Emile's soul and life left his body, as he was huddled in yours.

agonized screams left your lips, as you could focus on anything else, pulling Emile's face close as his skin became colder and pale. not noticing Roman brawling with Virgil, or even worse Janus standing above you, ready to end your life with a swing of his sword, only stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

you were only focused on one thing and one thing only...Emile was gone. you couldn't hear the sickening punch or grunt Virgil let out, or Roman racing towards you, scooping you into his stong arms, having to pry you away from Emile, as you screamed, half-heartedly hitting Roman's chest as he bolted you to safety. quickly brining you inside the castle and bolting the doors closed 

" Em... Em." you whimpered, sobbing heavily as Roman just held you. you crying yourself to sleep, starting two months of nightmares, the scene playing onfront of your eyes as you were always too late. 

it was yet another cool, cloudy day outside as you tightened your shawl/cape tighter around your shoulder, walking to the throne room, Roman quickly walking to catch up with you, he'd been a slight bright spot, always there to listen and hold you no matter the hour of the night. he'd arranged a gorgeous funeral and was there for you through it all.

"your highness, your brother requested your presence..." Roman informed you, walking along side you, as you nodded, this wasn't unusual, and you enjoyed the walks with Roman. the walk seemed to fly by as you opened the door, seeing Logan inside, his face stressed and heartbroken as he moved his eyes to look at you.

"what's wrong..." you asked, getting nervous, as Roman moved his hand to hold your comfortingly...

"we just received a letter, it's ... an incredibally tough decision" Logan said, biting his lip nervously before taking a long deep breath and look at you right in the eyes.

"the dark kingdom has made a proposition to stop the raids, in return for money and... you." Logan said, as your jaw dropped. your breath quickening as millions of thoughts bounced through your head