Do you like it...?

Mew's presence in the seat next to him was having a strange effect on Gulf. "You're suspiciously quiet" Mew said eyeing Gulf from the side. "No I'm not you asshole. What do you want me to say?". "There's the Gulf i know" Mew chuckled," I prefer you snapping at me rather than you being quiet. If you're yelling at me atleast i know that you care." "Why would I yell at you? I'm not your mother" Gulf spat out looking away. But when no witty reply came from Mew, Gulf's curiosity made him look back at the other to see why he was being so uncharacteristically quiet.
He was a little taken aback to see the other looking noticeably downcast. 'He usually finds my insults very amusing. Did i say something hurtful or go too far?' Gulf thought feeling slight concern rising in his chest. "Are you ok? he asked gingerly laying his fingers on Mew's arms. Mew looked a little startled at the unexpected touch and smiled a little saying" It's okay. I just miss my mom. She passed away last year and I still miss her everyday."
"I'm so sorry. I didn't know", Gulf whispered. "So where are we going?" Gulf asked trying to make him feel better. Mew looked back at him looking a little brighter," Wait and see. We're almost there. I prepared a little surprise.
He drove up a road leading to a wide open field with the fragrance of beautiful flowers hanging in the air and a pleasant breeze which gently ruffled Gulf's hair as he leaned out the window to take in the landscape. Mew stopped the car at the side and got out to open the door for Gulf a hand outstretched to help him step out. Gulf got out ignoring the hand exactly as Mew knew he would which made him let out a little laugh. "What the hell are you laughing at? Gulf asked. "Nothing. It's just cute how predictable you are." Mew continued to gently laugh. "So are you ready for your surpise? Mew smiled pointing to a huge sprawling tree. Underneath the tree was a picnic blanket covered with a delectable array of snacks. "I know you don't like large, crowded places so i thought you'd prefer something quieter.
I also know you're not fond of sweets so i didn't get too many. Do you like it?", Mew asked expecting a straight no from Gulf but to his surprise the younger said," I love it" smiling back at Mew with sparkling eyes.
"But how did you know i dont like sweets? And how did you know that I don't like crowded places?" Gulf asked as he headed towards the blanket. Mew sat first looking up at Gulf as he said," Because you told me. 10 years ago....."