The evening light

Preparing to close up the cafe after a tiring day was always a relief but Gulf was a bit preoccupied today. He couldn't stop thinking about those eyes that sparkled with mischief and that smile that was inexplicably giving him butterflies. The sound of glass cracking yanked him back to reality. Sighing deeply he reached down to pick up the broken shards of the glass that he had dropped when he was interrupted by a gentle hand on his wrist and a whisper almost in his ear saying," Let me do it. I dont want any scars on those beautiful hands." Startled Gulf whipped his head around to find Mew's face mere inches away from his. So close that he could feel his breath warming his cheek and catch a faint whiff of his cologne. Mew smiled back at him brightly in the dim evening light and said," You know this is the first time I've seen you look at me with an emotion other than annoyance in your eyes. Are you finally warming up to me?". Gulf realised that he had been staring and quickly jerked away from him, his cheeks and ears flushed a bright red."Why are you here? The cafe is already closed for the day." Gulf stuttered grabbing the broom and quickly sweeping away the shards on the floor. "You look adorable when you blush do you know that?" Mew said, a gentle smile playing on his lips. The only answer he received was a short of derision. "I know that the cafe is already closed but i got delayed at work and could really use some coffee. Pleasee!!!" Mew whined looking at Gulf with pleading eyes. "What is wrong with me? And why is he fluttering his eyelashes at me like that? Ok stay calm. I can't let him know this cutesy act is actually working on me." Gulf thought to himself taking deep breaths. He turned to face Mew and said " Fine. I can make you a coffee but what will i get in return?." Mew's eyes darkened as he whispered," Anything you want baby, I can give it you. All you have to do is ask."