Special Someone? [Devin Sola] {urboii}

"I like you." he muttered, his full lips pulling back to reveal his perfect smile. I wish he smiled more. He was so quiet and shy sometimes his smile seemed to disappear into the solemn smile he tried to keep.

His dark hair framed his pale face, that was only getting paler in the cold weather. He was so perfect. He was beautiful inside and out. I always wanted him to know that, and I told him that often.

He always looked down shyly and muttered a thanks, a soft blush covering his cheeks. It always made me smile.

His voice always calmed me. It was weird. It was something that we had in common. We were quiet. We were different. But we didn't care.

He was so creative, and he didn't mind showing it. I liked that. I admired the way he was able to go against everything that everyone said he shouldn't do and be himself. He was perfect. He was beautiful. He was my best friend in the whole world.

But he wasn't mine.

He talked about loving someone, but never said who. I tried not to listen, but this mystery intrigued me more than it should.

Why should it matter if he was in love? In love with some beautiful human that wasn't me? Someone who was more like him than I was? Maybe someone completely different. I was never sure what Devin wanted.

That's something I liked.

People were always pushing him to be more open with the world. But he stayed quiet. He didn't let people in. He stayed to himself.

My hazel eyes studied him for a moment, ignoring the silvery snowflakes falling into the blue strands of my hair.

His smile faded, his perfect lips folding back. "Krista?" he called out, shattering my thoughts of his beautiful face.

I forced a smile, something I've had to do more often now that my love for him was growing more than I could keep down.

"Yes Devin?" I answered, my voice sounding normal, although mentally I knew it was flooded with tears.

He stood for a second, shaking his head. "Nothing."

I nodded, tugging the thin scarf around my neck tighter. We were standing outside of his hotel, enjoying the cold snow on our faces. He claimed his room was too stuffy and that he needed some fresh air. I told him I'd join him and ran out, grabbing a thin jacket instead of my thicker one.

I shivered in my thin coat, and he noticed. He slipped his thin arms out of his own sleeves, handing me his thick jacket.

"Devin, it's cold. Please, I don't want to be the reason you get sick." I stated, and he smiled again, that full smile that pulled back from his lips. I wondered who got to see that perfect smile everyday.

I cursed living in Canada. I didn't want him to get a cold or the flu, especially since it's wintertime. They were on tour here, and their last date was today, but instead of going back to California, he stayed here.

He claimed he wanted to get to know his surroundings. But I wasn't so sure.

"Well let's go back inside then. I don't want you to get a cold either, Kris." he said.

Kris. That was the special nickname he'd given me when we had met. For some reason it made me tingly inside when he said it.

He opened the door for us, letting me go inside first then him following me. He led us up the stairs quietly, to his room. He inserted the key car, opening it for us. It was warm, and smelled faintly of warm vanilla.

Maybe it was because it was close to Christmas. Maybe he just liked it. It didn't matter. It was perfect.

He slipped off his thick coat again, his arms showing themselves again. His arms were pale but one held a colorful canvas of tattoos.

He gave me that perfect smile again. The smile I wanted so desperately to be my own.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked, and this time I smiled. A real smile. Whoever his special someone was, they were missing out on a perfect night.

I nodded, shedding my jacket and going to sit on the small bed in the room. I thought he was going to sit in one of the overstuffed chairs, but he instead sat beside me as he turned on an old Johnny Depp movie.

Edward Scissorhands.

This was a favorite of his.

It was quiet for a little, but as the movie went on, he rested his head on my shoulder and we sat back, our backs resting against the wooden headboard.

His voice cut through the air, slightly startling me.

"Kris?"

I waited a moment. "Yes?"

"I think this movie is sad."

"Why is that, Devin?" I asked, curious.

He paused. He was planning out his words. "Bcause he loves her. But there seems no way he could ever have her."

This time I paused. "Do you know what that feels like, Devin?" I asked, half of my voice full of tears.

He paused again. What was he thinking? "I think I do."

I nodded, unsure how to respond. "Who exactly is your special someone, Devin?"

He didn't answer. He sat up, pushing some thick dark hair from his features. He leaned down, placing his lips lightly over my own, then retreated back, like he was frightened.

It was soft as a ghost. But it was enough for me to understand everything.

"I don't have a special someone, Krista... But I do love someone."

I swallowed, my voice choking with tears. "W... Who do you love, Devin?" I asked, and he leaned back down, his face hovering over mine.

"I love you, Krista..." he answered, fully kissing me this time. Kissing him was literally like kissing a ghost. It was soft and sweet, like it wasn't happening.

He pulled away. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." he began, looking away.

This time I smiled, a real one this time. "No... I... I love you Devin. I always have." I stated, and he turned back to me with a smile.

"You were always my special someone, Krista..." he said, leaning to kiss me again, this time, it wasn't ghostly.

It was real.