It's Almost Easy, But It Really Isn't. [AustinCarlile] {MusicisAwesome29}

"That's it. I'm done. I... I can't take this anymore..." I muttered, shaking my head and leaving my boyfriend standing there dumbfounded.

I looked at his shocked expression. His light eyes had grown a darker shade and his mouth was slightly ajar in surprise compared to his usual happy smile.

His usually straight and sideswept hair was being pushed everywhere as he ran his tattooed hands through it in frustration.

"Max, please... Let me explain..." he began, but I cut him off, my dark brown eyes hidden by my red contacts. A perfect color for what I was feeling right now.

Anger, hurt, and contempt.

Five freaking years. Five damn years.

"I don't want to hear it, Austin." I said, my own hurt expression being hidden behind a wave of my purple hair.

He came closer and I pulled the hair from my face, looking up at him. I was tall, but be was still taller then me by a few inches.

"A relationship is between two people, Austin. Not one person, which is exactly what you made it. I was faithful. Even when you acted like a douche I stayed with you. What the hell did you give to me in return?" I asked, my contempt covering my voice.

He looked like he was almost in tears.

It almost made me cry to leave him. Almost.

Things had been so perfect between us, then he ruined it. I know he tries to be different, but he never changes.

He's still stuck in that "I don't have a girlfriend, I can do what I want." attitude.

And I can't deal with it.

"Max, please... I didn't mean any of it.... I never do... Please..." he pleaded, lowering himself onto one knee.

He was begging me. Literally begging me not to leave.

I sighed, bringing a hand up to my left eyebrow where my piercing was.

"Austin... Stop. Just stop. I'm leaving you. I'm sorry but... But I just can't do this anymore." I said, turning away from him.

I heard him standing, and coming up behind me lankily. "Max... You... You can't leave me..."

I sighed. "Yes, I can, and I am... See?! This is exactly one of the reasons why I'm leaving you." I said, looking back at him.

"You're so damn controlling."

He was, he was always telling me where to go, what to do, when to do it. He wasn't my damn boss, but he always made sure he acted like it.

"I can change... Please... Just give me a chance..." he begged. I considered it for a second. What if I did stay? It wouldn't do anything. He always said that.

I shook my head. "No... You aren't worth my time anymore." I said. It was harsh, but it was true.

I grabbed my suitcase, slamming the door behind me.

I was never going back to him.

****

It's been about a year since I'd last seen Austin Carlile.

It was painful to think about him, so I just preferred not to.

Instead of working for Of Mice And Men, I was now working for another famous band, Avenged Sevenfold.

I was their drum tech, and it was turning out to be a much better job then expected.

First I was making better money, second they were one of my favorite bands, and third, I was spending time with The Rev, aka Jimmy Sullivan.

I'd always respected him, and now that I wasn't with Austin anymore, I was really enjoying spending time with another guy.

Was it bad that I still thought about Austin? That I still missed him?

I shook off the thought and went back to set up the drums for the set.

Jimmy came up behind me, his smile beaming brightly.

"Hey Max!" he cried, giving me a hug. I smiled, hugging back then going back to working.

"I have a surprise for youuuuu..." he mused, winking. I looked over at him curious.

"What?"

"I'm not telling youuuu. Just waittttt." he stretched out, disappearing behind some cords and amps.

I chuckled, going back to work.

~~~~

The set started as planned and I watched from side stage, smiling as I waited for the surprise.

After "Seize The Day" and "Afterlife" played, along with a few others, they stopped for a moment. I raised a pierced eyebrow. What were they doing?

Matt stopped, smiling out at the crowd. "Before we play Almost Easy, I have something to say. Our friend contacted us with a problem and told us he wanted us to play this song for a special woman. Max." he stated, looking over at me. I swallowed.

What the hell?

He didn't say anything else and began singing.

Then it came to me.

Austin. The lyrics made sense.

"Come back to me it's almost easy..."

It was Austin.

I felt tears in my eyes and I was met with an overwhelming sense of remotes and guilt for leaving him.

I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder, and I turned, seeing said vocalist.

"I'm sorry Max... I swear I'll change."

I believed him. I wasn't sure if I should, but I did.

He leaned down, bringing his mouth to my own softly. I smiled, kissing back as the last riffs of the song played.