French Class AU [AustinCarlile] {sinandsinner}

"Marissa. Wake up." I heard beside me. I sat up, pulling up my head of dark hair and my brown eyes searching around the small room.

It took me a moment to realize that I was in my French class, and the person whispering to me was my good old friend Austin Carlile.

I yawned, mentally thanking him and he smiled lightly back at me with a nod. I smiled back. I loved that smile.

I wasn't sure why, but I was hit by an overwhelming sense of happiness towards him. I'd always admired him, but maybe it was something about how kind he was...

How his dark hair always swept to the side and his full lips pulled back over his white teeth when he grinned.

Maybe it was the nose ring I'd gone with him to get. He'd been so nervous, but I'd assured him he would be fine.

I smiled again at the memory, biting my lip lightly.

I must've been studying him fairly intensely, because I was not expecting our teacher to yell out:

"Marissa! Stop admiring Mr. Carlile and pay attention!"

When I heard that my face turned bright red and I looked back up at the front of the classroom where my teacher stood, staring at me and tapping her foot impatiently.

My face was burning from embarrassment, and it didn't help that some kids were snickering in the back of the classroom.

I swallowed, looking down at my French book and pretending to read as my teacher calmed the class down and continued on with the lesson.

I mentally cursed, but I could hear the shallow laughter of the other student next to me, who didn't seem to be disturbed by my scolding at all.

***

After class, as Austin and I were leaving, I heard my teacher calling me back. I told Austin to wait outside and I went to see what she needed.

"Oui?" I asked in French, hoping to lessen the punishment I was sure to get. I fumbled with the string at the end of my Slipknot hoodie, looking at her.

She sighed. "Marissa... Vous devez faire attention..." she mused.

I looked back at her confused. She sighed again, seeing I didn't understand, and translated it for me.

"You need to pay more attention. Marissa, you're failing my class. If you don't get an A or a B on this test, you will have to repeat the class next year." she explained.

I nodded with a small sigh, pushing some brown hair from my bright and dark eyes. "I understand. I'll... I'll study more..." I said, beginning to walk out. She opened her mouth as if to say something, but closed it again.

I sighed again, waving slightly to Austin when I saw him leaning against the wall.

"What's wrong, Marissa?" he asked, picking up his backpack and slinging it around his shoulders.

Thank God the school day was over. Now I could actually talk to him.

"She told me I was failing and if I didn't pass this test I'd have to repeat the class."

His light eyes widened slightly. "Really? Are you going to get a tutor or something?" he asked, opening the door for himself and I.

I shrugged. "I don't really know. I guess I'll just have to study harder and study more..." I said with a sigh.

His eyes lightened. It made me give him a small smile. He looked so cute when he was so excited about things.

"I have an idea." he stated with a large grin spreading across his features.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as we crossed the street.

"I'll tutor you. When is the test?" he asked.

I was shocked. I mean, he was my best friend and all, but the fact he offered...

"Tomorrow." I answered.

"Ah I see. Well we have plenty of time." he mused.

"Alors, temps à l'étude." he said, and I stated up at him confused.

He chuckled. "It means time to study."

I grinned, shoving his shoulder lightly. "C'mon Carlile. Just tell me what I need to know."

***

"Okay, what is on the test itself?" he asked, opening my French book and setting it on my small desk in my room.

"Um... Normal phrases and phrases of loveeeee." I stretched out, irritated, falling back against the bed I was sitting on.

Austin chuckled. "Marisaaaa. We have to studyyyy." he said, mocking my tone. I rolled my brown eyes, looking at him.

"Start with the love phrases. I know the other ones."

He nodded, looking at the study guide.

"Je'taime."

"I love you." I answered, rolling onto my back.

"Okay... Um... Vos yeux sont beaux."

"Your eyes are beautiful..." I said, closing my own eyes with a sigh.

He nodded. "Um... You're actually getting these right... How are you failing?"

"Because I don't pay attention... And it's other stuff..." I said, and he chuckled, continuing on.

***

After about an hour, it was getting dark and Austin had to leave. I stood outside with him fora moment, talking.

"Okay. You're gonna do great, sweetie." he said with a wink. I chuckled.

"If you say so, hun." I said back, winking as he chuckled in response.

He leaned down, moving his mouth over mine quickly in a small kiss, pulling away quickly.

"Good luck." he said with a smirk as he took off, making his way home. I just stood there shocked.

***

I couldn't believe it. I'd passed.

I had passed French class.

I met up with Austin after class, a huge smile plastered across my features.

"How'd you do?" he asked, looking down at me.

"I PASSED!!!!!" I cried, throwing my arms around him in a hug.

He hugged back and I smiled.

I pulled away, feeling slightly brave. Now was my chance.

"Vous êtes tellement parfait... Je'taime beaucoup... Qu'en penses tu?"

I was pretty sure Austin knew exactly what I said, because he leaned down, resting his mouth on mine softly.

"Oui..." he muttered against my mouth.