四十四 - A Race For Two

Ch.44 - A Race For Two

Civilians all over the country were buzzing as they watched young athletes compete, only realising now how much talent all of them possessed. The morning portion of the competition had brought much excitement and suspense to all watching, though not just to the audience, tension was in the air with the athletes as they continued to compete.

The points for the 1st years thus far were in UA's favour, though only by one point. With the scores released to the public, everyone was betting who they thought would win. Though now it was time for a 30 minute lunch break, and time to discuss game plans.

As the four athletes munched on their food, eating it at a faster pace than most would recommend, Aizawa announced the next six events.

"So, we're doing well so far, keep it up.-" The four were shocked that Aizawa actually complimented them"-The first event back is the discus, Tetsutetsu you're doing that. After that is javelin, Kendo is doing that. Then Saino you're doing the long jump, then Bakugo is doing the high jump. The second to last event is pole vault, Saino you're doing that. Then to end it all of you're all doing the four by one-hundred relay. I presume you've all got your order sorted for that?" Aizawa explained.

"Yes sensei." All four of them answered through bites of their food. The nerves from earlier in the day had gone, especially seeing how well they were doing. Though all four of them knew, the further they got in the competition, the better the rival schools will be. Even with an ego as big as Katsuki's, he wasn't blind to know that other people possessed skill. And even with the confidence that Katsumi has, she knew others could be just as good as herself. 

And with the numbers decreasing every round, the chance of being eliminated was climbing higher. As Katsumi had finished her food, she decided to check her messages, her sister was spamming her.

Hikari

Hikari- bro you went x-games mode right
there

Hikari- BITCH U SET A RECORD LIKE R U FAMOUS

Hikari- oi answer me

Hikari- ur psycho for even being able to run

Hikari- I saw your face on the Tv

Hikari- ngl you didn't look too bad

Hikari- angles are key girl

Hikari- ARE YOU FLIRTING WITH THAT BOY

Hikari- I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NO 
PREMARRRIAGE HAND HOLDING! 

Katsumi- yo chill

Katsumi- besides he was being polite
which is something he rarely does

Hikari- crush?😏

Katsumi- stfu

Hikari- YOU LIKE HIM OH MY CHRIST
Hikari- my baby sister is growing up 
Hikari- ew

Katsumi's face flushed as her sister continued to poke fun at her, Katsuki eyeing her curiously. There was only ten more minutes before the four had to leave the waiting room, and Katsumi had decided to put her sister on mute for the time being to calm the blush on her face. 

Katsuki would never admit, but he did find it cute when her face blushed. Katsumi getting all shy and embarrassed was rare, but when it did happen Katsuki couldn't help but chuckle at her shy self.