8

When lunch time had finally come around, I placed my binder away and as I went to close my locker, I suddenly I felt a pair of hands on my sides. It made me jump and I quickly looked behind me and realized it was my boyfriend Alex. "You scared me!" I hit his chest playfully and Alex smiled.

"I missed you," he kissed my cheek lightly, "So much."

I smiled. "I saw you yesterday," I giggled.

"I always miss you," he said, and laced our hands together as we walked towards the cafeteria. We sat at our table. Nobody had arrived yet. "Did you meet Justin yet? The new kid?" He asked me, taking his hands with mine. His jaw seemed tense but I didn't think much of it.

"Yeah I have. I bumped into him on my way home yesterday. I spoke with him and we played a small game of basketball. We're actually hanging out on Friday." I knew Alex wasn't going to like it when I said that I was hanging out with him but I did want to get to know him. He was Tanner's friend after all and I want him to be included in our group. Justin seemed to fit in perfectly already. It would be nice to talk to him when Shaylen and Tanner are only speaking to one another.

"Everyone has been talking about him..." he said, looking away from me. "Wait..." He paused, "you are hanging out with him on Friday?" He snapped his head back at my quickly, his eyes confused.

"Alex..."

"Sorry, it's just... I don't like him and I don't know him... What if he tries something on you?"

"Alex... Don't you trust me?"

"I do... I just..."

"Trust me. He's just a friend and that's all he'll ever be. He's one of Tanner's friends. You know Tanner is like a brother to me... He has no one else." I rubbed his arm to comfort him. "And you should be talking to him too. You were new once. You know how it feels. Talk to him. I'm sure he'd like some friends on the first week of school..."

"I don't know..." He hesitated. "I heard that he's trying to take my spot as the point guard on the basketball team..." He looked at me with jealous eyes. I knew he was scared to get his spot taken away. His reputation of being the best would shift. I didn't get why he cared about his reputation. Why care about what people think of you?

"Really, you're holding a grudge against him because of that." I narrowed my eyes at him in disbelief. "C'mon Alex, don't be like that." I mentally rolled my eyes at his foolishness. Really, you're gonna hate on someone because that's what you hear? I swear our generation needs to stop judging their book covers and read what's inside. "Plus, you don't even know if it's true," I added to what I saying.

"When haven't you heard a rumor that wasn't true around this school, Sel?" He looked over at me, his right eyebrow lifted. "Almost everything you hear is true."

"So... what, the rumor about you and other girls are true then?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He became a problem. Other girls climbed into his life when basketball season started. I was hearing things left and right. We almost broke up at the beginning of the year because of that problem. I'm glad that's resolved.

"No-no! That, of course, isn't true at all and you know that!" He stopped me and cupped my face. "You know that right?" His eyes convince me.

"I believe you. Yes. But it better not be true." I was blunt.

"It's not. It never will be because it never happened. I would never do that to you. I love you, Selena." He pulled me in a kiss and our foreheads touch as we stare into each other's eyes. As much as Alex has put us through trouble, I believed him each time because I loved him.