eighteen

Selena's POV

As soon as Allison had left, Shay finally arrives. Relieved, she exits her car with bag and makes her way towards me. She walks up the porch and I invite her inside. I give her a hug and hold her tight, digging my face into her shoulder.

She holds me and asks, "Are you okay?"

"I just dug myself into a bigger hole." I mumble, releasing myself from her. She places her bag over her shoulder and told me we were going to talk about it. I lead her upstairs to my room where she places her bag close to the bed. We both sat. Wanting to get comfortable, I lay my head on my pillow and extent my legs.

"So tell me everything.." She starts. "What's on your mind?"

"Let's see. First off, before you arrived here, believe or not Allison showed up. She was acting like everything was okay and that we were still best friends. I argued that she was ignoring me and it turned into an argument. Then when I told her we might as well not talk to each other and that's where she started begging for forgiveness. Like what the hell is wrong with that girl." I explain but I still wasn't done expressing everything.

"She's got nerve coming at your door. Then what did you do?" She questions.

"I thought hard and decided to do my own little investigation--"

"I like where this is going." She smile.

"Step 1: Act like everything's okay and just forgive her. Step 2: Make her thinks we're still best friends. Step 3: Text Alex and Ally and ask if they want to hangout. If the answer is 'I'm busy, sorry', I would show up at either Ally's or Alex's to see what I find." I'm determined for the truth.

"I love how you think! That's genius! And you only thought of that in like 30 seconds." She exclaims.

"Yeah." I smile. "And I'm still not finish my rant, there's one more."

"Shoot."

"You know Justin and I haven't been talking and I want thing to be like they were before but with that kiss we shared it will probably never be the same." My eyes water slowly. "I don't know what to do. I really don't want to lose him-m." I was shaking and on the edge of tears. Justin meant the world to me.

"I know you might not want to do this but you're going to have to talk this through with him. I can console you and help you what to do, but need to talk to him. I've been seeing him around lately and he looks like in a really bad place. His eyes scream sadness." I express. I knew Shay was right, she was always right and to know Justin is suffering alone breaks my heart.

I need to talk to him as soon as possible.

"You're right, you're totally right. Not talking to him isn't helping at all." I snuggle with a blanket and stare at a pillow. "I don't want him to be the broken-hearted person he was before." I mumble to myself.

"You really care about him do you?" She asks.

I nod. "I've been only thinking about Justin; I never have I thought of Alex or Allison. I miss Justin so freaking much. We are apart because he knows Alex will be on his ass. I guess he feels like he made a mistake, but I never regretted kissing him. It was probably the best mistake I've ever done." I ramble.

"I don't get why he would feel guilty--"

"I think he's scared of it blowing a up in his face. That he's the one who broke me and Alex apart. And then theirs our friendship. He thinks that I rejected him and that I'm pissed at him. Funny thing is I'm not. I just needed a few days to myself because I needed to know where my hearts at."

"Selena can I ask you a question."

"Yeah, sure, shoot." I sat up straight, facing her.

"Are you in love with Justin?"