twenty two

Justin's POV:

I wake up that very next morning with a sleeping Selena on my chest. Gently snores escape her mouth as I admire how cute she was. Yawning, I gently rub my thumb against Selena's exposed shoulder. I simply hold her in my arms and with my other hand, I rest it softly against her lower back. I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her. I smile to myself.

Suddenly, Selena's eyes flutter open; she smiles shyly as she glances over at me with a tired expression on her face. "Are you stalking me," she mutters tiredly, still snuggled on my chest.

"I'm just admiring how cute you are when you sleep," I smile lightly and stroke Selena's hair.Her cheeks began to build a shade of red, obviously blushing which I found adorable as hell.

"Yeah sure," she try's covering her face with the blanket.

"I'm serious," I chuckle, pulling her closer to me. "I don't even know how you came to snuggle against me." I mumble against her ear. "You must really like me."

"It was cold, okay." She giggles, trying to break free from my grip. "You were my only source of heat." She looks up at me with a cheeky smile.

"Nice excuse, Gomez." I tease her.

"It's true!" She shouts.

"Alright, alright." I throw my hands up in defense and look over to the clock on her night stand. 7:05, the clock read. "We start school in an hour." I mutter with a small sigh.

"Ugh, no!" She wines. "I want to sleep a bit longer." She says in distress.

"Me too but we have to. Come on, get up." I struggle to get her off me, but she wouldn't budge. I hear her laugh and she eventually gets off of me.

"I'm taking a shower." She tells me as I see her gather some clothes.

"Alright. I'll go home and make a change of clothes." I smile and grab my t-shirt from the ground. I place it over my head and slip my arms through the sleeves. Selena leaves the room and I look at myself in the mirror to see if my hair looked decent. It didn't look to shabby so I roll with it. .

I head downstairs, tip-toeing down the steps, hopping Selena's mom wasn't home. Seeing that she was nowhere in sight, I head for the front door. Being only a few steps away from the door, I hear my name and it sure wasn't Selena's voice.

"Justin, is that you?" Selena's mom called my name. I close my eyes, I turn around, seeing Mandy coming my way.

"Hi, Ms. Teffy, I mean, Mandy." I ramble through my words nervously.

"How'd you sleep?" She crosses her arms and gave me an irritated look. She didn't look so impressed but I mean, who could blame her.

I stare at her blankly and gulp hard. "I-I look Mandy it's not what you think--"

"I know." She smiles, "I'm just fooling around. You shouldn't seen your face." She starts to laugh. "Priceless..."

I chuckle nervously. "You scared me. I really thought you were gonna yell at me--"

"I was but, knowing that your there for Selena makes me happy. I can't be mad at you. You treat her right. I just wish she can see that." She smiles lightly.

"She's coming around slowly.." I mutter. "I'll always be there for her, no matter what." I smile.

"I'm glad to hear that." She tells me.

"But if you will excuse me, I need to get home and change." I point towards the door, backing away slowly from her. "Have a good day Mandy."

"You too Justin." She smiles and I walk out with relief.