ǝnssI ɹǝɓɓıᙠ ǝɥ⊥

You put me on a pedestal and tell me I'm the best
Raise me up into the sky until I'm short of breath (yeah)
Fill me up with confidence, I say what's in my chest
Spill my words and tear me down until there's nothing left
Rearrange the pieces just to fit me with the rest, yeah
➪☔︎︎
♫ꨄJustin Bieber and Shawn Mendes ~ Monster

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Recap:

    It's hard...living on like she didn't just leave. Like she didn't just die. As I had these thoughts, I heard someone walked behind me and tap my shoulder. I jumped off, clearly surprised and fell off of the swing.

    "OOP- Shit hair I'm so sorry😂" I heard Bakugo laugh.

    I get up from the ground and ask him, "What the hell was that!?"

    "Like I said dumbass, I came to talk to you and it seems like I came at a perfect time," Bakugo said, eyeing me. I raised an eyebrow, trying to make myself look confused. I knew that he knew that something was wrong, very wrong. It seemed almost pointless to pretend that shit didn't just happened and that there isn't anything wrong with me. At this point, it's clear to see that I'm at war with myself.

    "Why?" I asked in an almost whisper, hiding the fact that I wasn't really okay.

    Bakugo looked at me straight in the eyes with sympathy...WAIT? Sympathy? It's clear that he was dead serious about whatever he was gonna say next which terrified me to the bone.

    "Kirishima, stop pretending to be okay when you're not," Bakugo said, sternly with worry and sadness in those red eyes.

Recap Over

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Bakugo had sat by me in the swing and he held the sides of my arms. It was such a soothing and gentle touch that it made me freeze. Him saying my actual name instead of calling me 'shitty hair', must mean that he's really worried.

    I started to have a little feeling, my chest went up and down and my eyes bulged out of their sockets in disbelief. I was hoping so badly that Bakugo wouldn't see through my mask so easily, but part of me was hoping for him to notice my pain and hurt.

    Someone that craved comfort from others but kept denying it even from my own father, I didn't show all of the inscrutable pain, nor did he even see it. Bakugo was the only one that did see it, eyes that could see through the darkness both physically and mentally.

    I broke. My tears were finally released from being held back for so long. A loud sob left my lips as I lifted my legs to hold them to my chest and hide my face in shame, clearly embarrassed by this shit. I cried my heart out, feeling as if being torn apart and there was nothing that could fix it.

    I shakily gasped for air and dug my nails into my arms, sniffling and coughing at times. It hurt so much, and I just wanted it to stop. I'm supposed to be the positive guy that everyone else turns to...not the other way around.

    Then, there was the warmth. Arms snaked their way around my waist, pulling me into the source of the body holding my smaller form. A gentle hand rubbed circles around my back and reassuring words were whispered into my ear before feeling a certain person nuzzling his face into my hair, warm breath tickling my skin.