LII

"Fred Murray, was it good to ilegally enjoy our money?" Mark took turn on torturing the famous male they've been tracking for almost a day. While Taeyong and Jaehyun were busy killing people outside, he and his fellow underboss stayed in a dark room.

"I love it how you helped us to raise this casino very well, but not at how you use the money!"

A slap landed on his face, the sound of it really terrifies Jeno. He had enough of this situation where Mark Lee couldn't hold his anger back anymore.

The male, Fred, was tied up, all on his knee, hanging his head low. Even he himself couldn't meet the eyes of the raging devil.

"Was it wrong? I worked hard for it and what I got? Even monthly payment can't buy me new clothes every month."

Mark muffled his mouth, mentally cursing the male under him. Grabbing his collar he said, "Why buy clothes when all you need is food? Your wife must be sad when she knows this."

Mark then showed him a video of his wife getting tortured by some of his people they hired. Fred shouted, almost cried when he sees the love of his life begging them to stop.

"Okay enough! Stop them from torturing my wife, please." Mark then called one of the people and demanded him to stop.

"So, what are you going to do as a return?"

Fred bit his lip, scared of what's coming next. He then exhaled a big sigh, tired of his life path that he chose.

Die peacefully. That's what he wanted.

"You can do anything to me, but please don't kill my wife and my son. We still need each other."

Mark sent a signal to Jeno to free him and send him to the other mafia gang. Jeno obeyed, calling one of the lowest team in America for him as a lesson.

"Bye Fred, I hope you learned from your mistakes." Mark tapped his cheek lightly before the male followed their bodyguards.

His earpiece created an oddly loud sound, he hissed in pain. Jeno too, felt the pain in his eardrums.

"We should go to Kun, they are at the rooftop." Jeno insisted since only Kun could fix the problem when it comes to their gadgets other than Jisung and Yangyang.

Unpredictable events will always be ahead of them, Jeno got thrown by a curvy knife that perfectly stuck in his leg's flesh. Mark panicked, he straight off held the muscular male steady.

"Jeno! Shit, man you're heavy."

"Shut your mouth and just bring me to them." He cursed, trying to distract himself from the overwhelming pain flowing in his veins.

While the DREAM's leaders were on their way to the rooftop, Kun and Ten were facing a sudden problem with Jisung's new mini gadget. It should be working when it brought to a higher place, but the results are frustrating.

"What the hell is going on with this gadget, huh?!" Ten threw the mini thing away, Kun sighed as he fixed the hologram player on his lap.

"We should have killed at least twenty people for this casino mission."

Kun once again switching on the player, clicking the keyboard real fast and scanned his feature.

"Shit, it works!"

Ten turned around, smiling ear to ear. "Great! Now let me take back the small chip."

The hologram player is sorta kind of computer, it's like a convenient version of a screen that NCT would use in a quick mission. It only works for hacking data, scanning people and to connect the timer bomb.

It got upgraded by Yangyang recently, he made a chip where they could scan the situation and datas of people by just putting it in a crowded room.

"Nice, the VIP room only had about eight people so we should get going by 9 pm." The clock shows it's already past eight so they got to work faster.

Ten minutes passing by and the WAYV's leaders were welcomed by the youngest leaders, clutching onto each other.

"Yo, the fuck is happening?"

Jeno pointed out his ripped jeans where the knife stuck into. Ten's face was clearly showing a disgusted expression made Mark chuckled a bit.

"Thankfully you came here, imagine if we moved to somewhere else." Kun promptly took out the sharp thing, Jeno hissed loudly while holding his curses.

"Damn, that's deep."

"About 0.5 centimeters, the person who threw this is crazy." He then cleaned the dripping blood, stopping the blood with a bandage and wrapping it around the wound.

"Don't even move too much, stay somewhere but still, stick with us." Kun advised, Jeno would never disobey unless if he wanted him to be mad.

"In about five minutes, all of us must go down there."

"How's the Fred guy?" Kun asked as he collected the ammo and the guns while Ten checked the quantity of people Taeyong and Jaehyun had fought with.

"He's the one who used our money, and we moved him to the lower level mafia gang."

The WAYV leader acknowledged the intelligence of the youngest leader, if it was Taeyong the male could've see the dark sky.

Yes, he would dead on the spot.

A call from Jaehyun shook the whole squad, Jeno immediately picked up the call.

"Jeno, where are you guys?"

"We're at the rooftop, don't worry we're on our way."

"Don't be, we will come."

"By the way, please be careful around third to fifth floor because someone threw knife to my leg."

"Shit, I think I know the offender. Just stay there, Taeyong is raging out of control right now."

"Why—"

The line got cut off, Jeno's looking at his phone weirdly. Kun who heard the whole conversation sighed in defeat, he knows what the hell is going on.

"For now, don't ask him first. I'll tell both of you later."

"So only us who didn't know the reason? Wow." Mark just obeyed the older leader.

For some reason, Mark's heart felt really uneasy that day. The lack of connection between him and his soulmate made it more worse than ever. Three days before he sees her, but somehow he wished he didn't get to meet her.