Imagine #20

Imagine you're a child training as a Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren senses something about you.

*Requested*

You were taken away from your mother by the First Order. You were forced to be trained as a Stormtrooper with other children who were also taken from their families. You were scared. You didn't want to be part of the First Order, especially when they were the bad guys. Plus, you missed your mother so much. She was all you had left.

You never knew who your father was. For years, your mother had always told you that he disappeared, which was six years ago. For so long, you have always hoped that your father would show up one day and be with you.

It was your first day of training and it was the first time that you wore your Stormtrooper armor, which was very uncomfortable to wear. Your Stormtrooper name was AR-9102. You were told that you couldn't use your real name anymore.

There were three Stormtrooper training groups. Blaster shooting, marching, and combat. You were assigned to the Blaster shooting group. You were nervous because you've never used a Blaster before. Even though you were taught on how to use a Blaster by the instructions, you still never used one. You and the other children trainees were lined up, side-by-side, with a shooting target.

"Blasters up and aim at your target!" Captain Phasma instructed. Then, you and the other trainees aimed your Blasters at your target. "Fire one time on my command." Captain Phasma said. You made sure that you aimed at your target and you stood still so you weren't wobbly when you were getting ready to shoot your target. "Fire!" Captain Phasma commanded. Then, you and the other trainees fired at your targets.

When you were done, to your surprise, you shot your target on the bullseye and you were the only one that did. The other trainees were staring at you, which made you slouch forward and look down at the floor, feeling shy. Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet so no one could see your face. Even though you were feeling shy, you still felt relieved that you didn't mess up.

***

It was the fourth day of training in your Blaster shooting group. Captain Phasma announced that Kylo Ren will be observing you and the other trainees on your guy's progress. You felt anxiously nervous. You didn't want people, especially Kylo Ren, watching you. Even though you were good at shooting the target with your Blaster, you were still worried that you were going to mess up in front of Kylo Ren.

One by one, Kylo Ren, without his mask on, watched every trainee shoot their target multiple times. Most of them got bad critique. Unfortunately, you were the last one to go. "AR-9102, you're last." Captain Phasma said. You gasped, quietly. While Kylo and Captain Phasma stood behind you, your anxiety was starting to build up more inside you. Your heart was racing and you were feeling hot under your armor. But you knew that you needed to do good.

"Aim your Blaster and fire at your target after I give you my command. You will keep firing at your target until I say 'stop', AR-9102." Captain Phasma instructed you. Then, you took a quiet deep breath and you aimed your Blaster at the target. "Fire!" Captain Phasma commanded. Then, you started firing your Blaster at the target.

After ten shots, Captain Phasma commanded, "Stop!" Then, you stopped firing your Blaster. You looked at the target and, then, you looked at Kylo, who was looking at you, astounded. But it was also weird that he was looking at you like he was in a trance or something. At least, much to your relief, he wasn't glaring at you like he was with the other trainees.

"Commander Ren, what do you have to say?" Captain Phasma asked, causing Kylo to snap out of his thoughts. Kylo shook his head for a bit and, then, he stood up straight and said, "Well, AR-9102, that was very impressive. In fact, you could be one of the best Blaster shooters out of all the trainees in this group. We do need the best Blaster shooters in the First Order. Well done, AR-9102." Then, Kylo walked away to observe the other groups. After Kylo left, you did nothing but smile, shyly, under your helmet, thinking about your feedback from Kylo.