Chapter 30: Forever

Jon's P.O.V.

  It was been a month since Megan gave birth and Abigail was born. My love for both of them continues to grow stronger each day that passes. I can't believe I'm what I never thought I would be. A father. To be honest, I enjoy being a dad. I can have a chance to be a role model for my daughter that my own father never was.

   Megan really loves being a mother. I think she has a stronger bond with the baby more than I do. Also, we're scheduled to be married in three weeks. We have planned everything already. We aren't going to have a huge wedding. Just a backyard wedding with close friends and family of ours.

   Abigail has the rest of the Shield guys wrapped around her finger, especially Joe. Colby loves to visit all three of us and spend time with his niece. As for Joe, he spoils her a lot. Sometimes, me and Megan will bring Abigail with us when traveling.

    Nikki, Brie, Saraya, and April are all attached to Lil' Abby. Out of all of them, the goth chick is the one who loves to spoil her bunches. She will come to Davenport once a month for a weekend to visit us and Abby. Saraya loves being the godmother and I'll admit, I'm happy for her as well.

   I was currently with my girls in the living room, watching some television. Megan was breastfeeding our daughter while I sat next to them, my hand on my girl's thigh. Abigail was in a pink onesie and had on a pink baby beanie. The dogs were with us as well. Eddie was by our feet, Luna was laying down next to Megan, and Sasuke was laying down next to me. They were all extremely protective of Abigail. They protected her like a little sibling.

   "How long do you have to do breastfeed for?" I asked Megan. "When the baby seems to not want anymore. I won't give her formula yet." she replied. It was then Abigail began pulling away, probably signalling she was done. "Your turn, Dad." she told me, handing me the baby cloth.

  I put it on my shoulder before taking Abigail from her. I held her, gently patting her back. "You really are getting the hang of this." my fiancée  said. "Well, your instructions helped a lot." I told her. "Like the time you almost broke one of the bottles in the microwave because you didn't know how long to warm it." she explained.

   I couldn't help but smile and laugh. "And then Colby and Joe began scolding me like a kid. Man, parenting really changes you."

   Abigail let out a little burp and I smiled. "There we go, Lil' Darling." I said as I held her in my arms. I rocked her and she had a tight grip on my finger. Megan scooted closer to us and I smiled as she lay her head on my shoulder, holding onto my arm.

   "Why don't we go to the park? We can just sit down and look at the sunset with Abigail. We can take the dogs with us." she suggested. I looked at her and kissed her head. "Let's do it." I said. I gently placed our daughter in her little bouncer and helped Megan get the stuff ready.

   I got the baby bag ready as she got the leashes on the dogs. She got a picnic blanket and put it in the bag. I grabbed Abigail and we all went outside to our truck. I placed her in her carseat while the dogs jumped in. They always went to the park with us whenever we wanted to take her. They sit in the back in a row, protecting Abigail.

    Megan and I got in the car and we drove away from the house.

   We got to the park in about 10 minutes. I got the dogs out and my fiancé grabbed Abigail. She got the baby bag and we went and found a perfect spot under a tree. She spread the blanket down and put the bag down as well.  

   The dogs all sat down with each other as I sat down next to Megan. It was then Abby began to cry. "Maybe she wants you." she told me. "Come here, Sweetie." I said as I gently took the baby from her. I carried her and she immediately stopped crying. "She's such a Daddy's Little Girl." Megan told me as she lay her head on my shoulder.

   "We are such great parents after all, huh?" I asked. "Yeah. We sure are." she replied. I smiled before I leaned in a pressed my lips to hers. She smiled and kissed me back, placing a hand on the back of my head. We kissed for a little bit before pulling away.

   "Forever?" she asked.

   "Forever." I replied.

   She lay her head on my shoulder again, holding my hand. I looked at the orange sky, enjoying the beautiful moment with my family.