Chapter 23: Jon Finds Out

Jon's P.O.V.

  I already got back home from the gym. Joe decided to tag along, since he wanted to see how Megan was doing. I was tired and beat, I just wanted to hold her in my arms and feel her cuddle next to me all day.

   I unlocked the door and we went inside. We placed our gym bags down and I took my sunglasses off. "Megan! We're back!" I called out. I expected for her to come running down the stairs and attack me in a hug. However, it didn't happen. I instantly got confused.

   "Megan, you in here, Baby?" I said. "Where could she be?" Joe asked. I shrugged as I felt worry grow inside me. "I don't know, man. I'll check here, you go check upstairs." I told him. He nodded before he ran up the stairs. I barged into the kitchen, but didn't see her. "Baby, where are you?" I asked. I went outside to the backyard, expecting to find her in the pool or something, but she wasn't.

   I noticed Jasper wasn't here either. Please, let them be okay.

   I went back inside the house and searched everywhere on the first floor. The bathrooms, the guest bedrooms, and nothing. I checked the basement and the attic and nothing. At this point, I was almost hyperventilating. Where are my girlfriend and dog at?

   "Jon! Get your ass up here!" I heard Joe yell.

   I got out of the basement and ran inside the house. I ran up the stairs and found him in mine and Megan's room. He was in the bathroom and I could see his head down. "Joe? What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me and had one of this hands behind him. "Dude, you might want to look at this. Try to to freak out." he told me. "I'll try not to." I said.

    He took out his hand and I saw two sticks. I took them from him and my eyes widened. They were pregnancy tests. They were both positive. She was pregnant with my baby. I felt something warm up inside me. I was actually happy.

   "I'm gonna be a dad." I said, looking at him. "Jon, are you okay?" he asked. "Okay? I'm fine. I've always wanted to have kids with her. Even if I end up having only one, I wouldn't ask for anything else." I explained. "I'm happy for you, Bro. But, why would she leave?" Joe asked.

   "She was afraid that you wouldn't want the baby."

   I looked and saw none other than April there standing in the doorway. "What do you mean?" Joe asked. "She was afraid that you would deny the baby. She was scared that if she told you, you would leave her and the baby alone." she explained. I shook my head as I walked to her. "I would never deny our child. I sure as hell won't even leave her no matter what. I do want the baby and I will try my best to be the best father to my child." I explained to her.

   "Where is she?" Joe asked.

  "She is going to hate me for this. She's at Colby and Leighla's. She said she was going to stay there for a while until everything settled down." she explained. "Go get her. Tell her how you feel. She'll be more than happy to find out you want the baby."

   "Let's go." Joe said. I nodded before all of us went to my truck. I turned it on and immediately drove off to Colby and Leighla's house. The whole time, I was just tapping my fingers against the wheel, cursing at red lights, etc. April and Joe were calming me down so I wouldn't try to cause any conflict once I see Megan.

   We finally got to Colby and Leighla's house. I bolted out of the truck, ignoring Joe and April calling me. I ran to the door and rang the doorbell. I paced back and forth before the door opened, revealing Colby. "Hey, Bro. What's up?" he asked as we fist-bumped. "Where's Megan?" I asked. "You know?" he asked, even though it was obvious he knew I did.

   I nodded.

   "She's upstairs. Try to take it easy on her. She's feeling lots of emotions right now." he explained as he let me in. The others followed inside before I went up the stairs. I got to the only bedroom that was up there and knocked on the door. I heard a soft 'Come in'. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

   "Babe." I said softly as I walked in  closing the door behind me.

   She was turned around, her back facing me. I saw that her arms were in front of her, probably holding her stomach. "Jon. You're here." she said. "Yeah. I am. I'm here to bring you back." I told her. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her small frame. I felt her tense up at my touch. I felt kind of hurt at that.

   "You know already, don't you?" she asked. I nodded as I buried my face in her neck. "Why would you think I would deny you and our baby?" I asked her. I felt her let out a silent sob. "I just felt like you wouldn't want kids. I mean, you're always so busy and I wouldn't want a baby to get in the way of that. I was scared, Jonathan. I'm so sorry." she sobbed.

   I turned her around and cupped her face in my hands. "Baby, look at me. Please." I said. She slowly averted her gaze to me. I wiped the tears form her face and looked at her bloodshot eyes. "I love you, Megan Maria Lopez. I want to be part of our son or daughter's life. I want the baby. I want to be there for you two forever. You and our child are the only ones that are above anything else. I promise I will be there." I told her.

   She smiled and nodded as she wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me. I responded and hugger her back. "I love you like crazy." I told her. "I love you, too." she replied. We pulled away and I placed my lips on hers. She placed her hands on my wrists as we passionately kissed. After we pulled away, our foreheads were pressed against each other.

   I knelt down on one knee and placed my hands on her stomach. I kissed it and she giggled. Should I do this? What if we're not ready? You know what? Screw it.

   "Babe. I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I figured this would be the perfect time. You are not only the mother of my unborn child, but you're the only girl I have ever loved. You're my best friend, my rock, the only one that makes me want to get up every morning. I love you so much. Megan Maria Lopez, would you make me the luckiest man in the world by becoming my wife?" I asked, pulling out the small velvet box.

   She gasped as I opened it, revealing a beautiful engagement diamond ring. "Oh, my gosh! Yes! Yes! Yes!" she said. I smiled before I got up and placed the ring on her finger. I picked her up and spun her around, the both of us laughing. I set her down and showered her beautiful face with kisses.

   We suddenly heard clapping that caught us off guard. We turned and saw April and Joe clapping while Colby and Leighla recorded. I smiled as they came over and hugged us.

   "Congratulations!" Leighla said as she and April hugged Megan. "Congratulations, Bro." Colby said as they hugged me and patted my shoulder.

   Now, I can be able to spend forever with the only girl I've ever loved.