Part Eighteen

Part Eighteen

°Winston°

1 Month Later

My eyes opened from the bright light from the window in front of my face. I slept in my old room at my dad's place. Going back to my condo did nothing but aggravate me, and I haven't been there since the day after Donna and I broke up. I hadn't heard from her since then either.

I overheard him on the phone sounding annoyed. I yawned and sat up from bed, rubbing my eyes. I pulled the sheets back and sleepily walked over to the dresser, sliding into a tshirt and leaving the room.

"Look Mr.---whatever your name is. All I need is confirmation that funds from account 3 were transferred into the proper account. You're telling me you can't figure anything out for another week?" He asked. I sighed, not even wanting to ask before I've had my morning coffee.

Regardless of how much I hated the mere thought of Donna, every time I had a break in my thoughts, she was there. She's always there. I couldn't forgive or respect her anymore though.

Nights were the worst. I missed her scent in my sheets, her beautiful smile being right there to welcome me into another day, her soft skin brushing against mine, her thoughts that constantly reflected mine, I missed all of it.

"William, get dressed we're going out to the range." Dad called as he took his phone call to the porch. I finished making my coffee as my phone began to ring. Trent? I hadn't heard from him in a while.

"Trent, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey, man. Are you busy? I really need to link with you."

"Nah man I just got up, going out to the shooting range soon. You can come by if you want, just leave the paparazzi at your place." I chuckled.

"Alright I'll be there in 20 minutes." He said before we hung up. I went to shower and by the time I was dressed, he was downstairs.

"Your friend is a delight. I didn't know you had connections with big celebrities." Dad joked.

"Yeah I'm all over the scene." I rolled my eyes. "Could you give us a minute, Dad?" He nodded and left the room. "What's up man?" I spoke in my normal accent. His expression changed after my dad left the room, then he sighed.

"It's Donna. I don't know what happened between you guys but I really need you to go see her." He said. I stared at him blankly, mainly due to his comment.

"You... don't know what happened? She didn't tell you?" I asked. He stared at me blankly. "God, Trent I know you two slept together, that's why I left her. She was spiraling out of control before that." He cleared his throat and fidgeted his fingers. "Look, as gross as I think it is, and as much as it makes me want to gut you like a fucking dead animal, it is what it is." I said flatly. There was an awkward silence. "So why do I need to go see her?" I finally said.

"Uh, s--she's getting pretty bad. Like, really bad and I don't think anyone else can talk some real sense into her other than you."

"What do you mean really bad? Has she been out of public eyes?"

"Yes she has, I think it's contributing to her problem. She's been going crazy with these drugs, and she's getting to a really unhealthy state. Every time I see her, another guy's been in her bed, she won't let anyone get close enough to care about her and I'm just scared she's gonna stay that way until it's too late." He spoke while glaring off into the distance. I exhaled deeply and thought for a split second. Should I?